*Toni Braxton recently complained about the lack of privacy in reality television, but she made a real statement with her new Lifetime movie, “Twist of Fate.”
The singer and actress shared the screen for the first time with her autistic son, Diesel.
“He was supposed to play my son initially but by the time we worked out the shooting schedule, school had started,” Braxton said of 9-year-old Diezel,
The young guy has made an advocate out his mother. Toni is now a voice for the organization, Autism Speaks.
“Even though he’s considered high functioning right now, he wasn’t in the past, and that’s why I thought him carrying the movie and trying to do the movie and tutoring would have been too much for him,” says Braxton, 45.
As far as her making any new music is concerned, your guess may be as good as hers; because she doesn’t even know. Right now she’s taking a break on music and allowing herself to catch up to life.
“I don’t know if I’m going to be doing anymore music, I’ve said that before in the past but I don’t know,” she said to The Tom Joyner Morning Show. “I’m thinking, I’m singing in the movie. Ta-Da. Some gospel a little bit. I just don’t know. Maybe I’m mad at music. I don’t know what it is. I can’t, my heart’s not in it right now,” she admitted.
Maybe one day she’ll return.
Toni’s new movie, “Twist of Fate” debuts tonight at 8pm E/P on Lifetime.
Watch the trailer for “Twist of Fate”:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (05-25-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Report: Tamar's Attitude Towards ('The Real') Producers Did Her in
- Ringside Update / A Triple Boxing Championship Weekend
- Soulja Boy Exaggerated $400M Payday from World Poker Fund
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- ‘The Real’: Loni Love, Jeannie Mai Show Love to Former Co-host Tamar Braxton
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here