*Toni Braxton recently complained about the lack of privacy in reality television, but she made a real statement with her new Lifetime movie, “Twist of Fate.”
The singer and actress shared the screen for the first time with her autistic son, Diesel.
“He was supposed to play my son initially but by the time we worked out the shooting schedule, school had started,” Braxton said of 9-year-old Diezel,
The young guy has made an advocate out his mother. Toni is now a voice for the organization, Autism Speaks.
“Even though he’s considered high functioning right now, he wasn’t in the past, and that’s why I thought him carrying the movie and trying to do the movie and tutoring would have been too much for him,” says Braxton, 45.
As far as her making any new music is concerned, your guess may be as good as hers; because she doesn’t even know. Right now she’s taking a break on music and allowing herself to catch up to life.
“I don’t know if I’m going to be doing anymore music, I’ve said that before in the past but I don’t know,” she said to The Tom Joyner Morning Show. “I’m thinking, I’m singing in the movie. Ta-Da. Some gospel a little bit. I just don’t know. Maybe I’m mad at music. I don’t know what it is. I can’t, my heart’s not in it right now,” she admitted.
Maybe one day she’ll return.
Toni’s new movie, “Twist of Fate” debuts tonight at 8pm E/P on Lifetime.
Watch the trailer for “Twist of Fate”:
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- O.J. Simpson Fuming: Women Have Stopped Sending Him Commissary Money
- Gospel Sensation Naomi B Releases New Single, ‘Break Free’ (LISTEN)
- White Police Chief Gets Home Detention for Killing Unarmed Black Man
- Casting Complete for Brandy’s New BET Series ‘Zoe Ever After’
- Rosie O’Donnell Checks Elisabeth Hasselbeck for Calling #BlackLivesMatter a Hate Group
- Perspective on Harris Co. Deputy's Death by Project 21 Member Who Served with Him
- RHOA Fight: Cynthia Bailey Kicked Porsha Williams in the Stomach (Report)
- James Bond Author Now ‘Sorry’ for Calling Idris Elba ‘Too Street’
- Janet Jackson Drops Missy Elliott Collabo at ‘Unbreakable’ Tour Launch (Clips)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here