*Toni Braxton recently complained about the lack of privacy in reality television, but she made a real statement with her new Lifetime movie, “Twist of Fate.”
The singer and actress shared the screen for the first time with her autistic son, Diesel.
“He was supposed to play my son initially but by the time we worked out the shooting schedule, school had started,” Braxton said of 9-year-old Diezel,
The young guy has made an advocate out his mother. Toni is now a voice for the organization, Autism Speaks.
“Even though he’s considered high functioning right now, he wasn’t in the past, and that’s why I thought him carrying the movie and trying to do the movie and tutoring would have been too much for him,” says Braxton, 45.
As far as her making any new music is concerned, your guess may be as good as hers; because she doesn’t even know. Right now she’s taking a break on music and allowing herself to catch up to life.
“I don’t know if I’m going to be doing anymore music, I’ve said that before in the past but I don’t know,” she said to The Tom Joyner Morning Show. “I’m thinking, I’m singing in the movie. Ta-Da. Some gospel a little bit. I just don’t know. Maybe I’m mad at music. I don’t know what it is. I can’t, my heart’s not in it right now,” she admitted.
Maybe one day she’ll return.
Toni’s new movie, “Twist of Fate” debuts tonight at 8pm E/P on Lifetime.
Watch the trailer for “Twist of Fate”:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Universal Eyeing Michael B. Jordan and Jonah Hill for Def Jam Biopic
- Toni Braxton to Star in Lifetime Biopic 'Un-Break My Heart'
- NeYo Shares Proposal Video, Slams Ex's Sterilization Claims [WATCH]
- Staples Singers Limited Edition 4-CD Box Set to be Released Nov. 13 from Stax/Concord Music Group
- Whoopi Goldberg Blasts Pro-Lifers: ‘Get Out of My Vagina!’
- Jennifer Hudson Dishes on Film Roles, Style and Weight Loss
- Sparkletainment Presents 'Loves Freedom' a One-woman Stage Performance (WATCH)
- 'Why You Always Lying' Creator Calls Viral Success 'Crazy'
- Deitrick Haddon Unveils Cover of 'MasterPiece'
- How to Successfully Balance Family, Parenting and Entertainment
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here