Perry will bring two scripted series’ to the powerhouse conglomerate, one a comedy, the other a drama.
“The Haves and the Have Nots,” is a drama about the dynamics of the affluent Cyrer family, the impoverished family of their housekeeper, Hanna, and the obstacles and secrets that exist within both.
While the comedy, “Love Thy Neighbor” offers a multi-camera view set in a Diner; where every day the menu serves up good food, great laughs, valuable life lessons and a lot of love for its zany neighbors.
OWN inked Perry — the prolific writer, director, producer and actor behind the Madea features, among several other stage and small-screen projects — to a multiyear pact in October to produce original content for the network.
The two entries will begin production early next year and bow in mid-2013.
- POLITICO Magazine: U.S. Mayors Say Ferguson Could Also Happen in Their Cities
- New 'Legal Equalizer' App Aims to Counter Racial Profiling (WATCH)
- Martin Luther King III and Andrew Young to Attend Voting Right Press Conference
- THE (07-29-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- KDAY 93.5 FM Hosts ‘Uplifting Minds II’ National Talent Showcase Competition Saturday, October 24 at the Celebrity Centre in Hollywood
- Reggie Jackson Apologizes for Profane Outburst Against Fans
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Paul Mooney Says Bill Cosby Got His 'N****r Wake-up Call'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here