Perry will bring two scripted series’ to the powerhouse conglomerate, one a comedy, the other a drama.
“The Haves and the Have Nots,” is a drama about the dynamics of the affluent Cyrer family, the impoverished family of their housekeeper, Hanna, and the obstacles and secrets that exist within both.
While the comedy, “Love Thy Neighbor” offers a multi-camera view set in a Diner; where every day the menu serves up good food, great laughs, valuable life lessons and a lot of love for its zany neighbors.
OWN inked Perry — the prolific writer, director, producer and actor behind the Madea features, among several other stage and small-screen projects — to a multiyear pact in October to produce original content for the network.
The two entries will begin production early next year and bow in mid-2013.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tina Lawson Explains Why Beyonce Hated Her Wedding Dress
- Ciara, Kim Kardashian, Chrissy Teigen Cameo in Fergie’s New ‘M.I.L.F. $’ Video (Watch)
- NFL’s Jason Pierre Paul Shows Blown Up Hand in New Firework Safety PSA (Watch)
- Fugitive Shanika Minor from FBI’s Most Wanted List Caught in North Carolina Motel
- Tavis Smiley: Prince ‘Locked Himself in his Bedroom for Days' After Michael Jackson Died (Watch)
- Gabby Douglas, Simone Biles Cover Teen Vogue, Talk Body Acceptance (Video)
- Obama’s Favorites: Kendrick Lamar, Janelle Monae Set for July 4 Event at White House
- Cops Help Toss Chris Brown From Ibiza Rental Trashed With Urine and Vomit
- Alice Walker Writes Poem Inspired by Jesse Williams’ BET Awards Speech
- WATCH: Celebs Talk Summer Anthems at the 2016 BET Awards
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here