Perry will bring two scripted series’ to the powerhouse conglomerate, one a comedy, the other a drama.
“The Haves and the Have Nots,” is a drama about the dynamics of the affluent Cyrer family, the impoverished family of their housekeeper, Hanna, and the obstacles and secrets that exist within both.
While the comedy, “Love Thy Neighbor” offers a multi-camera view set in a Diner; where every day the menu serves up good food, great laughs, valuable life lessons and a lot of love for its zany neighbors.
OWN inked Perry — the prolific writer, director, producer and actor behind the Madea features, among several other stage and small-screen projects — to a multiyear pact in October to produce original content for the network.
The two entries will begin production early next year and bow in mid-2013.
- The Weeknd Covers Beyonce at Billboard Hot 100 Festival [Watch]
- Ohio Cop Pulls Man Over for 'Making Direct Eye Contact' (Watch)
- WATCH! Rapper Kevin Gates Viciously Kicks Woman in Chest/Facial Area
- History Making ‘Les Miserables’ Star Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dies at 21
- EUR on the Scene: Exclusive Look Inside the 2015 VMAs
- Jamaican Author Shares Her Story on Being Raped at Gunpoint; Empowers Women to Triumph Over Adversity
- Detroit's ZanYe Digs Deep for Ballroom with Reboot of Four Tops Classic
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here