Perry will bring two scripted series’ to the powerhouse conglomerate, one a comedy, the other a drama.
“The Haves and the Have Nots,” is a drama about the dynamics of the affluent Cyrer family, the impoverished family of their housekeeper, Hanna, and the obstacles and secrets that exist within both.
While the comedy, “Love Thy Neighbor” offers a multi-camera view set in a Diner; where every day the menu serves up good food, great laughs, valuable life lessons and a lot of love for its zany neighbors.
OWN inked Perry — the prolific writer, director, producer and actor behind the Madea features, among several other stage and small-screen projects — to a multiyear pact in October to produce original content for the network.
The two entries will begin production early next year and bow in mid-2013.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Marshawn Lynch Retires Without Having Spent His $50M NFL Income
- Nuisance Abatement Law Seemingly Gives NYPD License to Evict Criminal and Non-Criminal Residents
- Toyota Motor Credit to Pay $21.9 Million for Discrimination
- THE (02-08-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Award Winning Pianist Kris Bowers to Perform at Benefit Concert.
- A Miserable Cam Newton Bolts Out of Press Conference (WATCH)
- After Super Bowl 50 Performance Beyonce Announces 'Formation Tour'
- Denver Broncos Beat Carolina Panthers 24-10 to Win Super Bowl
- PETA Approves Jada Pinkett Smith's Ivory Tusk Decor
- John Legend Goes ‘Underground’ With Activism For Upcoming WGN Series
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here