The rapper turned political figure/columnist voiced his opinions about Ricky Rozay’s recent threats and encouraged Ross and his Maybach crew to take a different route other than gangsterism before some mess bubbles over.
“It’s a shame you can’t enjoy life without spending part of your earnings on heavy security or risking your freedom by purchasing an arsenal,” he wrote in his Miami New Times column. “Remember, that’s what landed T.I. and Lil Wayne in prison. You don’t want that to happen to you. However, those are the consequences of rapping about being something you’re not.”
Recently Rick Ross had been the subject of a death threat that even caused him to cancel his Chicago appearance.
“Hip-hop has a rich history of college guys who never committed a crime rapping about moving kilos of cocaine and taking out snitches,” he said. “Every gangster rapper takes on the role of a real hood legend to build up street cred. But I don’t want you to fall into the trap of believing you are really a gangster. Trust me, you don’t want to go out like Biggie Smalls or Tupac. It’s time you squash your beefs.”
- Photos: Usher and Miguel Host 5th Post BET Awards Party [Look: Photo Gallery]
- Fantasia Reunites With Husband, Faces Tax Lien
- NAACP President Compares Bree Newsome to Rosa Parks
- Doctors Warn of Health Risks from Wearing Skinny Jeans
- Eva Longoria to Donald Trump: ‘You Must Expect a Backlash’ (Watch)
- Warrant Issued for Florida State QB De’Andre Johnson
- K. Michelle Comes for SWV’s Coko; Tamar Gets Memed Over BET Performance
- Kirk Frost of 'L&HHA' Arrested at Dirt Bike Rally
- ‘BET Awards’ Ratings Down From Chris Rock-Hosted 2014 Ceremony
- Cheryl Burke Quits as Miss USA Co-Host Over Trump’s Comments
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here