Judge Bensonetta Tipton Lane, who gave the singer full custody of his two sons following an extremely nasty and public divorce from Tameka Raymond, is now under investigation.
In 2008, John Mayoue, Usher’s attorney in the case, donated at least $1,000 toward Judge Lane’s campaign and hosted the only fundraising event that same year.
Attorney Lisa West, who was the lead attorney for Tameka, asked the judge to recuse herself from the case. She didn’t and so West later followed up by appealing the judge’s ruling.
CBS Atlanta had the chance to interview Judge Lane and she denied ruling in favor of Usher due to the contributions she received. But she didn’t deny that she failed to disclose to the court her relationship with Mayoue during the case.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Man Who Read Book at Beyonce Concert Explains; Reveals Title
- Video of Prince’s Emergency Landing in Illinois Released (Watch)
- ‘Empire’s’ Trai Byers, Grace Gealey Share Honeymoon Pics from Europe
- Faith Evans, Eric Benet, Aloe Blacc Added to Prince Tribute in L.A.
- Adele Stops Her Concert to Praise Beyonce; Calls Her ‘Jesus F***ing Christ’ (Watch)
- Why You Suddenly Heard Prince Music on ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ and ‘Scandal’
- 7-Year-Old Girl Wins Handwriting Competition With No Hands
- Blac Chyna, Rob Kardashian Confirm Pregnancy with Baby Bump Emoji
- Elise Neal, Eriq LaSalle Join Hugh Jackman in ‘Wolverine 3’
- La La Anthony, Monica Calhoun, Yvette Nicole Brown Join BET’s 'New Edition: The Movie'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here