Judge Bensonetta Tipton Lane, who gave the singer full custody of his two sons following an extremely nasty and public divorce from Tameka Raymond, is now under investigation.
In 2008, John Mayoue, Usher’s attorney in the case, donated at least $1,000 toward Judge Lane’s campaign and hosted the only fundraising event that same year.
Attorney Lisa West, who was the lead attorney for Tameka, asked the judge to recuse herself from the case. She didn’t and so West later followed up by appealing the judge’s ruling.
CBS Atlanta had the chance to interview Judge Lane and she denied ruling in favor of Usher due to the contributions she received. But she didn’t deny that she failed to disclose to the court her relationship with Mayoue during the case.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (02-09-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ray J Issues Goes Legal on Ex-Business Partner Over Past Kim K Drama
- Beyoncé's Rep Responds to 'B.E.A.T.' Filmmakers 'Credit' Controversy
- What Should Society Do With An 11-Year-Old Murderer?
- Is This the REAL Reason Cam Walked Out of Press Conference? (WATCH)
- Misty Copeland's ‘Ballerina’s Tale’ Also Highlights the #BalletSoWhite Issue
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here