Judge Bensonetta Tipton Lane, who gave the singer full custody of his two sons following an extremely nasty and public divorce from Tameka Raymond, is now under investigation.
In 2008, John Mayoue, Usher’s attorney in the case, donated at least $1,000 toward Judge Lane’s campaign and hosted the only fundraising event that same year.
Attorney Lisa West, who was the lead attorney for Tameka, asked the judge to recuse herself from the case. She didn’t and so West later followed up by appealing the judge’s ruling.
CBS Atlanta had the chance to interview Judge Lane and she denied ruling in favor of Usher due to the contributions she received. But she didn’t deny that she failed to disclose to the court her relationship with Mayoue during the case.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- 107-Year-Old Trades Dance Partner Pres. Obama for Dusty Baker (Watch)
- Police Test Bullets in T.I. Club Shooting to Determine Number of Guns Used
- Neil Brown Jr. Joins Issa Rae’s HBO Comedy ‘Insecure’
- Mariah Carey Checks Lee Daniels AND Wendy Williams for Saying She’s ‘Too Fragile’ (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton Reacts to ‘The Real’ Firing on Next ‘Braxton Family Values’ (Teaser)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here