Judge Bensonetta Tipton Lane, who gave the singer full custody of his two sons following an extremely nasty and public divorce from Tameka Raymond, is now under investigation.
In 2008, John Mayoue, Usher’s attorney in the case, donated at least $1,000 toward Judge Lane’s campaign and hosted the only fundraising event that same year.
Attorney Lisa West, who was the lead attorney for Tameka, asked the judge to recuse herself from the case. She didn’t and so West later followed up by appealing the judge’s ruling.
CBS Atlanta had the chance to interview Judge Lane and she denied ruling in favor of Usher due to the contributions she received. But she didn’t deny that she failed to disclose to the court her relationship with Mayoue during the case.
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- K. Michelle Performs at Sold Out Honey Jam Concert, Joined By 'Rebels'
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- The Wiz Casting, Bobbi Kristina, Racial Profiling App, Janet Jackson & More| BHL
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here