Venus Williams talked with the Huffington Post about going vegan after being diagnosed with Sjogen’s Syndrome.
Well actually, she has a different name for what her diet consists of.
“If it’s on your plate, I might get to cheat. If you’re sitting next to me, good luck. You turn your head once and your food might be gone,” Williams said, in good spirits after starting her Australian Open campaign Monday with a quick 6-1, 6-0 win over Galina Voskoboeva. “I think it’s pretty well known I’m a cheagan,” the seven-time Grand Slam winner said, laughing. “I’m not perfect, but I try.”
She’s been documenting and blogging about her experience since being diagnosed and has entitled this phase as “Venus A.D.” – after diagnosis.
The disease affects the immune system and causes symptoms like shortness of breath, fatigue and muscle pain.
In order to keep the symptoms away and her health in tip top shape, she says sugar is a huge no no.
Venus made an incredible come back after having to withdraw from the U.S. open in 2011. With her new diet and revived outlook on life, she is taking the tennis world by storm.
Check out more of the interview here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Pulse of Entertainment: ‘The Legend of Tarzan’ Continues with the Epic Warner Bros.’ Presentation
- Kellita Smith Joins the Cast of 'In the Cut'
- FBI: No Evidence Orlando Gunman Omar Mateen Was Gay
- Vince Wilfork: 'Big Boned' NFL Lineman Brings the Sexy to ESPN's 'Body Issue' (PHOTOS)
- Tina Lawson Explains Why Beyonce Hated Her Wedding Dress
- Ciara, Kim Kardashian, Chrissy Teigen Cameo in Fergie’s New ‘M.I.L.F. $’ Video (Watch)
- NFL’s Jason Pierre Paul Shows Blown Up Hand in New Firework Safety PSA (Watch)
- Fugitive Shanika Minor from FBI’s Most Wanted List Caught in North Carolina Motel
- Tavis Smiley: Prince ‘Locked Himself in his Bedroom for Days' After Michael Jackson Died (Watch)
- Gabby Douglas, Simone Biles Cover Teen Vogue, Talk Body Acceptance (Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here