Venus Williams talked with the Huffington Post about going vegan after being diagnosed with Sjogen’s Syndrome.
Well actually, she has a different name for what her diet consists of.
“If it’s on your plate, I might get to cheat. If you’re sitting next to me, good luck. You turn your head once and your food might be gone,” Williams said, in good spirits after starting her Australian Open campaign Monday with a quick 6-1, 6-0 win over Galina Voskoboeva. “I think it’s pretty well known I’m a cheagan,” the seven-time Grand Slam winner said, laughing. “I’m not perfect, but I try.”
She’s been documenting and blogging about her experience since being diagnosed and has entitled this phase as “Venus A.D.” – after diagnosis.
The disease affects the immune system and causes symptoms like shortness of breath, fatigue and muscle pain.
In order to keep the symptoms away and her health in tip top shape, she says sugar is a huge no no.
Venus made an incredible come back after having to withdraw from the U.S. open in 2011. With her new diet and revived outlook on life, she is taking the tennis world by storm.
Check out more of the interview here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Was Prince Better than Hendrix? Only if He Crosses the Entertainment Divide
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- 107-Year-Old Trades Dance Partner Pres. Obama for Dusty Baker (Watch)
- Police Test Bullets in T.I. Club Shooting to Determine Number of Guns Used
- Neil Brown Jr. Joins Issa Rae’s HBO Comedy ‘Insecure’
- Mariah Carey Checks Lee Daniels AND Wendy Williams for Saying She’s ‘Too Fragile’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here