Myers passed away Tuesday night in West Virginia at the Charleston Medical Center following a heart-related emergency, the president of his non-profit organization told TMZ.
Lou was hospitalized in December for pneumonia but released after New Year’s. He collapsed at home a few weeks later and was hospitalized again.
Lou’s heart stopped yesterday. Doctors were able to revive him, but he fell into a coma and passed just hours later.
And yes, his Wikipedia and IMDb pages are incorrect. We’re told he lied about his age. According to official records, Lou’s birthday was September 26, 1935. As one source put it, “You know how actors are.”
An autopsy has been scheduled to determine the official cause of death.
The late actor is survived by his son and his 95-year-old mother.
Myers, who was an Army veteran, will receive a military burial in West Virginia.
Check out this 2009 interview with Mr. Myers done in NYC after one his performances for children. Watching it, you come away with insight into his personality. He seemed like a very nice man. We wish the best to his family.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ahmad Rashad Gets Married For Fifth Time
- Mary J. Blige Joins Jason Mitchell in Dee Rees Film ‘Mudbound’
- 2 Cops in Freddie Gray Case File Defamation Suit Against Marilyn Mosby
- Report: Whoopi Goldberg Signs $2.5M, 1-Yr Deal With ‘The View’
- Spike Lee’s ESPN Mini Docs ‘Lil’ Joints’ Return on 5/31 (View Titles and Schedule)
- Lifetime to Air Uzo Aduba, Cicely Tyson Film ‘Showing Roots’ on Sat, May 26 (Trailer)
- ‘Empire’ Finishes No 1 in Black Households, Social Media and Other Key Demos
- Therez Fleetwood's 'Men and Intimacy: Real Talk... Real Answers' Reveals Answers to What Men Want
- First Look: Rihanna’s New Line of Star Trek-Inspired Dior Sunglasses
- Opinion: How Democratic Superdelegates decided the 2016 Election
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here