Myers passed away Tuesday night in West Virginia at the Charleston Medical Center following a heart-related emergency, the president of his non-profit organization told TMZ.
Lou was hospitalized in December for pneumonia but released after New Year’s. He collapsed at home a few weeks later and was hospitalized again.
Lou’s heart stopped yesterday. Doctors were able to revive him, but he fell into a coma and passed just hours later.
And yes, his Wikipedia and IMDb pages are incorrect. We’re told he lied about his age. According to official records, Lou’s birthday was September 26, 1935. As one source put it, “You know how actors are.”
An autopsy has been scheduled to determine the official cause of death.
The late actor is survived by his son and his 95-year-old mother.
Myers, who was an Army veteran, will receive a military burial in West Virginia.
Check out this 2009 interview with Mr. Myers done in NYC after one his performances for children. Watching it, you come away with insight into his personality. He seemed like a very nice man. We wish the best to his family.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Tracy Morgan Says God Spoke to Him After Crash: ‘I Went to the Other Side’
- Mariah Carey Celebrates Christmas, Talks Motherhood/Co-Parenting with Steve Harvey
- Ex Cowboys RB Joseph Randle Arrested at Kansas Casino
- Vain or Not? Diddy Stays Youthful With Wrinkle-Free Method (Watch)
- ‘Creed’s Ryan Coogler and Tessa Thompson Reveal Their Favorite ‘Rocky’ Film
- Court Denies Sherri Shepherd’s Appeal to Stop Child Support Payments
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here