Myers passed away Tuesday night in West Virginia at the Charleston Medical Center following a heart-related emergency, the president of his non-profit organization told TMZ.
Lou was hospitalized in December for pneumonia but released after New Year’s. He collapsed at home a few weeks later and was hospitalized again.
Lou’s heart stopped yesterday. Doctors were able to revive him, but he fell into a coma and passed just hours later.
And yes, his Wikipedia and IMDb pages are incorrect. We’re told he lied about his age. According to official records, Lou’s birthday was September 26, 1935. As one source put it, “You know how actors are.”
An autopsy has been scheduled to determine the official cause of death.
The late actor is survived by his son and his 95-year-old mother.
Myers, who was an Army veteran, will receive a military burial in West Virginia.
Check out this 2009 interview with Mr. Myers done in NYC after one his performances for children. Watching it, you come away with insight into his personality. He seemed like a very nice man. We wish the best to his family.
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here