Myers passed away Tuesday night in West Virginia at the Charleston Medical Center following a heart-related emergency, the president of his non-profit organization told TMZ.
Lou was hospitalized in December for pneumonia but released after New Year’s. He collapsed at home a few weeks later and was hospitalized again.
Lou’s heart stopped yesterday. Doctors were able to revive him, but he fell into a coma and passed just hours later.
And yes, his Wikipedia and IMDb pages are incorrect. We’re told he lied about his age. According to official records, Lou’s birthday was September 26, 1935. As one source put it, “You know how actors are.”
An autopsy has been scheduled to determine the official cause of death.
The late actor is survived by his son and his 95-year-old mother.
Myers, who was an Army veteran, will receive a military burial in West Virginia.
Check out this 2009 interview with Mr. Myers done in NYC after one his performances for children. Watching it, you come away with insight into his personality. He seemed like a very nice man. We wish the best to his family.
- Hasselbeck: Sandra Bland Could've Used Cigarette as a Weapon (WATCH)
- Ralkina Jones: 3rd Black Woman in Two Weeks to Die in Jail Cell
- Rapper Styles P Reveals Daughter Committed Suicide
- Hulk Hogan Wonders Why Obama Can Use N-Word and Not Him in Retweet
- Joe Jackson Alert, Feeling Good After Stroke, Heart Attacks
- Stan Sheppard: 'Why Do A&R Directors Positions Still Exist?'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: It's Time for Black Leadership to Make Sense
- Aretha Franklin, Nina Simone and Others Portrayed in 'A Night With Janis Joplin'
- The Socialist's Journal: Derek Luke
- Bobby Brown Speaks On Bobbi Kristina’s Death
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here