*Talk show diva Wendy Williams Hunter and her husband and manager Kevin Hunter have teamed to form the reality production shingle Wendy Williams Prods.
WWP will develop and produce unscripted content, including reality programming, game shows and talk shows for cable and broadcast, reports Variety.
“This is a dream come true,” Williams Hunter said. “Kevin and I have been kicking around so many ideas and are excited to be able to now bring them to life with our own production company. As anyone who watches my show knows, I am a huge fan of all reality and game shows, and know a thing or two about talk. Lisa has spent a career creating and producing the kind of television shows I love, and we are thrilled to have her guide our development efforts. We don’t plan on wasting much time, so stay tuned for some must-see programming ahead.”
Lisa Knapp, former head of reality development for 44 Blue, has been tapped as senior vp of development. She’ll oversee content development and production, and Williams Hunter will serve as exec producer on projects.
Knapp’s reality credits include A&E’s “Gene Simmons Family Jewels” and ABC’s “The Bachelorette.”
Jill Ramsey, current vp of Williams Hunter’s Wendy Inc., will serve as vice president of the shingle. Debmar-Mercury, which produces and distributes Williams Hunter’s syndicated talk show “The Wendy Williams Show,” will be a partner in WWP.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Chrissy Teigen’s Planned Parenthood Comments Spark Twitter Beef
- Kym Whitley: Inspiring Adoptive Parents While 'Building Memories' [EUR Exclusive]
- Must See! Tracee Ellis Ross Sings with Mom Diana in 'Vegas (WATCH)
- Watch: Mr. 'N*ggers Gotta Learn How to Read' Resigns Police Chief Gig (After Only One week!)
- NYC Cabbie: Roker Snub a ‘Misunderstanding’; Peele & Peretti Get Engaged
- Black Pastors Dispute Donald Trump’s Endorsement Claim for Meeting
- How the #BLM Movement Stays Alive & Effective Outside Spotlight
- THE (11-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here