*World sales rights to “Gallowwalkers,” the fantasy horror flick filmed by Wesley Snipes before he went to prison for tax evasion, was picked up by VMI Worldwide, according to The Hollywood Reporter. [Scroll down to watch the trailer.]
Snipes stars as a cursed gunman whose victims return as zombie warriors bent on revenge. VMI will screen the feature from director Andrew Goth to international buyers at the European Film Market in Berlin next week.
“Gallowwalkers” is the first Wesley Snipes vehicle up for offer for global distributors in more than three years. The actor’s last feature, “Game of Death,” was released in 2010. VMI is hoping the one-time action star has lost none of his worldwide genre appeal.
“We are very proud to be the company re-introducing Wesley Snipes to our buyers, knowing the strong demand for him to entertain us again’ said VMI president Andre Relis.
In 2010, Snipes began serving a three-year prison sentence in McKean County, Pennsylvania for misdemeanor failure to file U.S. federal income tax returns.
Watch the “Gallowwalkers” trailer below.
- Louisiana Cop Exposed in KKK Photo Still On Force; Refuses to Resign
- Man Found With O.J. Simpson’s Stolen Heisman Trophy Arrested
- Afroman Avoids Jail After Punching a Woman in the Face
- ‘The Voice’ Beef: Gwen Stefani Not Happy With Rihanna’s ‘Advisor’ Role?
- Wendy Williams ‘Disappointed’ in Nicki Minaj Checking Miley Cyrus (Watch)
- Deborah Cox Joins Off-Broadway Play about Transgender Identity
- Farrah Franklin (Destiny's Child) Officially Debuts with Sexy New Single: 'Magic and Makeup'
- Black Family Says They Received Racist Threats During Camping Trip
- Prosecutors to Seek Death Penalty for Charleston Church Shooter
- Soul of the US Open: Serena Williams Survives Nuisance Nederlander; Venus Takes Step Two Toward Spoiling Sister's Slam Bid
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here