*World sales rights to “Gallowwalkers,” the fantasy horror flick filmed by Wesley Snipes before he went to prison for tax evasion, was picked up by VMI Worldwide, according to The Hollywood Reporter. [Scroll down to watch the trailer.]
Snipes stars as a cursed gunman whose victims return as zombie warriors bent on revenge. VMI will screen the feature from director Andrew Goth to international buyers at the European Film Market in Berlin next week.
“Gallowwalkers” is the first Wesley Snipes vehicle up for offer for global distributors in more than three years. The actor’s last feature, “Game of Death,” was released in 2010. VMI is hoping the one-time action star has lost none of his worldwide genre appeal.
“We are very proud to be the company re-introducing Wesley Snipes to our buyers, knowing the strong demand for him to entertain us again’ said VMI president Andre Relis.
In 2010, Snipes began serving a three-year prison sentence in McKean County, Pennsylvania for misdemeanor failure to file U.S. federal income tax returns.
Watch the “Gallowwalkers” trailer below.
- Fantasia Reunites With Husband, Faces Tax Lien
- NAACP President Compares Bree Newsome to Rosa Parks
- Doctors Warn of Health Risks from Wearing Skinny Jeans
- Eva Longoria to Donald Trump: ‘You Must Expect a Backlash’ (Watch)
- Warrant Issued for Florida State QB De’Andre Johnson
- K. Michelle Comes for SWV’s Coko; Tamar Gets Memed Over BET Performance
- Kirk Frost of 'L&HHA' Arrested at Dirt Bike Rally
- ‘BET Awards’ Ratings Down From Chris Rock-Hosted 2014 Ceremony
- Cheryl Burke Quits as Miss USA Co-Host Over Trump’s Comments
- Lester Holt Tops Ratings in 1st Week as Official ‘Nightly News’ Anchor
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here