*World sales rights to “Gallowwalkers,” the fantasy horror flick filmed by Wesley Snipes before he went to prison for tax evasion, was picked up by VMI Worldwide, according to The Hollywood Reporter. [Scroll down to watch the trailer.]
Snipes stars as a cursed gunman whose victims return as zombie warriors bent on revenge. VMI will screen the feature from director Andrew Goth to international buyers at the European Film Market in Berlin next week.
“Gallowwalkers” is the first Wesley Snipes vehicle up for offer for global distributors in more than three years. The actor’s last feature, “Game of Death,” was released in 2010. VMI is hoping the one-time action star has lost none of his worldwide genre appeal.
“We are very proud to be the company re-introducing Wesley Snipes to our buyers, knowing the strong demand for him to entertain us again’ said VMI president Andre Relis.
In 2010, Snipes began serving a three-year prison sentence in McKean County, Pennsylvania for misdemeanor failure to file U.S. federal income tax returns.
Watch the “Gallowwalkers” trailer below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Oh God: Johnny Depp Nails 'The Donald' in Funny or Die Video (Look!)
- Will Smith Calls Son Jayden 'Fearless' for Rockin' Women's Clothes
- Lakatriona Brunson: Florida’s First Female Head Football Coach
- Justice Dept. Sues City of Ferguson Over Pattern of Police Abuse
- Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino Return to 'American Idol' This Week
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Claudia Jordan, Jennifer Williams: Shots Fired Hours Before ‘The Next 15’ Premiere
- Ciara Cheered, Russell Wilson Booed at Knicks Game
- BET Names Brie Miranda Bryant SVP of Unscripted Programming
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here