Members said the treasurer stole more than $160,000 from the funds at Douglass Chapel United Methodist Church in Gallatin.
“It’s just pretty upsetting and discouraging that someone would do this when they’re looking at you every Sunday morning knowing they’re stealing our money,” said church member and former treasurer Marsha Davis. “It was being treated as free money to spend, basically. She had the church credit card, and she just went to town.”
“It’s been devastating to that small of a church and a community,” added Sumner County Sheriff Sonny Weatherford.
Check out this video report from 9News.com:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- A 'Broke' 50 Cent Flaunts Stacks of Cash in Fridge (WATCH)
- Here’s why the Alleged Planned Parenthood Killer Isn’t called a Domestic Terrorist
- Pilar Sanders Will Have to Pay Deion Sanders $2.2M and Go Back to Jail
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here