Members said the treasurer stole more than $160,000 from the funds at Douglass Chapel United Methodist Church in Gallatin.
“It’s just pretty upsetting and discouraging that someone would do this when they’re looking at you every Sunday morning knowing they’re stealing our money,” said church member and former treasurer Marsha Davis. “It was being treated as free money to spend, basically. She had the church credit card, and she just went to town.”
“It’s been devastating to that small of a church and a community,” added Sumner County Sheriff Sonny Weatherford.
Check out this video report from 9News.com:
- Street Leading to Sandra Bland's Alma Mater Renamed in Her Honor
- Burger King Proposes to McDonalds ... in the Name of Peace
- Had Your Fill Yet?
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts - Black Stars of the Great White Way (Part I)
- Russell Wilson Says God Has Anointed Him and Ciara
- 'WAGS' Star Autumn Ajirotutu on Why She’s Not a Gold-Digger
- Did Enquirer Pay Nick Gordon $40K to Visit Bobbi Kristina’s Grave?
- George Zimmerman Calls Pres. Obama ‘Ignorant Baboon’ in Twitter Rant Over WDBJ Shootings
- Former NBA Star Darryl Dawkins (Chocolate Thunder) Dies at 58
- Chris Brown Tattoos Huge Bull on Other Side of his Head
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here