Members said the treasurer stole more than $160,000 from the funds at Douglass Chapel United Methodist Church in Gallatin.
“It’s just pretty upsetting and discouraging that someone would do this when they’re looking at you every Sunday morning knowing they’re stealing our money,” said church member and former treasurer Marsha Davis. “It was being treated as free money to spend, basically. She had the church credit card, and she just went to town.”
“It’s been devastating to that small of a church and a community,” added Sumner County Sheriff Sonny Weatherford.
Check out this video report from 9News.com:
- Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sued for Wooing, Then, Deserting Boxer
- Nick Gordon Begs Permission to Attend Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral
- Bobbi Kristina’s Fam Feuding Over Planned Sweet 16-Themed Funeral?
- Wilson, Seahawks Agee to 4-Year, $87.5 Million Contract Extension
- Neechy Gospel: John P. Kee to Release New Project LEVEL NEXT
- Sophie Okonedo to Star in New BBC America Series ‘Undercover’
- Evan Ross, Ashlee Simpson Welcome Baby Girl
- Missy Elliott Reportedly Joins ‘The Voice’ Season 9 as a Mentor
- Dylann Roof Enters 33 ‘Not Guilty’ Pleas in Federal Court
- Unauthorized Beyoncé Bio to Reveal Inside Deets on 'SolangeGate'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here