Members said the treasurer stole more than $160,000 from the funds at Douglass Chapel United Methodist Church in Gallatin.
“It’s just pretty upsetting and discouraging that someone would do this when they’re looking at you every Sunday morning knowing they’re stealing our money,” said church member and former treasurer Marsha Davis. “It was being treated as free money to spend, basically. She had the church credit card, and she just went to town.”
“It’s been devastating to that small of a church and a community,” added Sumner County Sheriff Sonny Weatherford.
Check out this video report from 9News.com:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Draya Michele's Post-Baby Body - Richard Sherman Pranks Himself
- You Can Purchase 'Boycott Beyoncé' Shirts at 'Formation' Tour
- R.Kelly Accused of Screwing Promoter Out of $500k
- W. Kamau Bell Screens 'United Shades of America' in Atlanta
- Flavor Flav Offered to Give O.J. Simpson Back His Bronze Statue
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Javier Colon performs May 4, 2016 at Rams Head on Stage
- Ludacris' Secret to Making it Rain and Having Good Skin (WATCH)
- LL Cool J Charms at ‘Hamilton' - Gabrielle Union Slams Hollywood
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here