*ABC’s Katie Couric hits prime time tonight with her Academy Awards celebration “Mad About Oscar,” billed as a special edition of “20/20” that relives the greatest moments in the show’s history – from Cuba Gooding Jr.’s scissor kick to the buck nekkid man that streaked past David Niven.
Denzel Washington, a best actor nominee for “Flight,” will join several other 2013 nominees like Bradley Cooper, Sally Field and Jennifer Lawrence, as well as past winners Whoopi Goldberg, Cuba Gooding Jr. and Marisa Tomei for the trip down memory lane.
Couric, meanwhile, is now five months into her daytime chat show “Katie,” which she admits is more in her wheelhouse than her previous stint as the anchor of the “CBS Evening News.”
“I’m trying to book compelling guests, I’m trying to think of topics that people care about or are interested in that may not have been fully explored in other venues,” said Couric, who counts her Manti Te’o interview in January as a major scoop for the show. “I’m just trying to make great TV and all the things that are included in that description.”
Below, Couric runs down her resume and explains how every inch of it – from desk assistant duty at ABC’s DC bureau to co-hosting the “Today” show to anchoring the “Evening News” at CBS – has prepared her for this moment.
“Mad About Oscar with Katie Couric, a Special Edition of 20/20” airs tonight (Wednesday, Feb. 20) from 10-11 p.m. ET on ABC. Watch a promo below.
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Watch Obama Meet Woman Named Weezy and Break Into ‘Jeffersons’ Theme Song
- Queen Latifah Moved By Her Own ‘Bessie’ Performance: I ‘Made Myself Cry’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here