Free spirit, Willow Smith is just too old now to play the role of ‘Annie’ in the upcoming “Annie” musical.
According to Deadline.com, the singer was supposed to play the orphan, but now the producers of the show are saying Willow aged out.
Pre-production started three years ago and Willow was the top candidate for the spot, but now that’s she’s 12, Will Smith’s little female twin will have to sit this one out.
But her parents will still be involved in producing the film and even brought aboard Jay-Z, who signed their kid to Roc Nation. Besides, it should be a great partnership, being that Jay has a bit of a remix history with the classic song, “Hard Knock Life.”
Although it’s not clear yet who will be taking the major role, the film will begin shooting in the fall.
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Woman in China Pushes Child to Safety Before Falling to Her Death on Escalator (Video)
- Future Scores First No. 1 Album with ‘DS2’; Tyrese's 'Black Rose' No. 3
- Sherri Shepherd Returning to 'The View' as Contributor
- Drake Claps Back at Meek Mill in ‘Back to Back’ (Listen)
- Tyler Perry ‘Keeping the Peace' Between Houston, Brown Families
- WATCH: 'Mega Fest of the West' takes overs Long Beach with Celebs & Gospel Artists!
- Raven-Symone Says Caitlyn Jenner’s Moving ‘Too Fast, Too Soon’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here