Free spirit, Willow Smith is just too old now to play the role of ‘Annie’ in the upcoming “Annie” musical.
According to Deadline.com, the singer was supposed to play the orphan, but now the producers of the show are saying Willow aged out.
Pre-production started three years ago and Willow was the top candidate for the spot, but now that’s she’s 12, Will Smith’s little female twin will have to sit this one out.
But her parents will still be involved in producing the film and even brought aboard Jay-Z, who signed their kid to Roc Nation. Besides, it should be a great partnership, being that Jay has a bit of a remix history with the classic song, “Hard Knock Life.”
Although it’s not clear yet who will be taking the major role, the film will begin shooting in the fall.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 18,500 Parents, Students, and Educators Rally to Demand End to 'Tale of Two School Systems' in New York City [PHOTOS]
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Universal Pictures’ Steve Jobs is a Brilliant Look into a Genius' Mind
- Raven Symone Hates Ethnic Names, Nicki Minaj Beef, Kardashian's Named 1st Family | BHL's This Week
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Snoop Dogg, Birdman, Jermaine Dupri, Damon Dash to Star in BET Reality Series
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here