Free spirit, Willow Smith is just too old now to play the role of ‘Annie’ in the upcoming “Annie” musical.
According to Deadline.com, the singer was supposed to play the orphan, but now the producers of the show are saying Willow aged out.
Pre-production started three years ago and Willow was the top candidate for the spot, but now that’s she’s 12, Will Smith’s little female twin will have to sit this one out.
But her parents will still be involved in producing the film and even brought aboard Jay-Z, who signed their kid to Roc Nation. Besides, it should be a great partnership, being that Jay has a bit of a remix history with the classic song, “Hard Knock Life.”
Although it’s not clear yet who will be taking the major role, the film will begin shooting in the fall.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Serena Williams Confesses She Was Sore After Twerking For Beyonce
- 'Natural' Black Bride Goes Viral - The Game Taunts Chris Brown
- Óscar Jaenada Says 'The Shallows' Set to 'Become A Classic’ [EUR Exclusive]
- Miramax Acquires Whitney Doc, Johnnie Cochran Film Finds Director
- Fewer Sex Partners Leads To Divorce, Nick Young & Iggy Azalea 'Split' | BHL's This Week (WATCH)
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here