Free spirit, Willow Smith is just too old now to play the role of ‘Annie’ in the upcoming “Annie” musical.
According to Deadline.com, the singer was supposed to play the orphan, but now the producers of the show are saying Willow aged out.
Pre-production started three years ago and Willow was the top candidate for the spot, but now that’s she’s 12, Will Smith’s little female twin will have to sit this one out.
But her parents will still be involved in producing the film and even brought aboard Jay-Z, who signed their kid to Roc Nation. Besides, it should be a great partnership, being that Jay has a bit of a remix history with the classic song, “Hard Knock Life.”
Although it’s not clear yet who will be taking the major role, the film will begin shooting in the fall.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here