*Even though she’s been roiled by Nina Simone fans and others, Zoe Saldana hasn’t responded to the criticism. Until now. She told Hip Hollywood she took this role for her people.
“What keeps me focused and what kept me from getting stressed and hurt by the comments is [that] I’m doing this for my sisters,” the actress said. “I’m doing it for my brothers. I don’t care who tells me I’m not this and that. I know who I am. I know what Nina Simone means to me. That is my truth and that is what set me free.”
She’s managed to find a way to stay encouraged and focused on her purpose, mentioning that taking on the task was for the love of her people.
“I did it out of love,” she said. “Out of love for Nina. Out of love for my people. For who I am. My pride of being a Black woman. A Latina woman. An American woman. That’s my truth.”
While the movie’s details have been hush, it’s slated to be released this year.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toronto Councillor Want Beyonce Investigated for Black Panther Ties
- He Used to Walk 21-Miles to Work, Now He Drives & is Overweight
- Malcolm Jamal Warner on Ride-Or-Die Friendship Between OJ and AC (Exclusive)
- Master P Sued Over Failure to Deliver Snoop Dogg in Dubai
- Grammys: Ice Cube & Son to Present; Miguel to Sing 'She's Out Of My Life'
- Yolanda Adams Added to Fox’s Live Musical ‘The Passion’
- Lance Stephenson Drags Ex K. Michelle Over ‘Down in the DM’ Remix
- Cleveland Rescinds $500 ER Bill Sent to Tamir Rice’s Family
- Not a Good Cop Look: Ex-Sheriff, Lee Baca, Admits Guilt in False Statements
- Woman Accusing Chris Brown of Battery Files Lawsuit
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here