*We’re still trying to wrap our heads around this story.
An 8-year-old South African boy just tied the knot with a 61-year-old woman and mother of five to make his ancestors proud, reports RadarOnline.com.
Sanele Masilea said it was his deceased grandfather’s wish for him to be married. His family then arranged for him to jump the broom with Helen Shabangu because he loves her.
“Sanele is named after his grandfather, who was never had a white wedding before he died so asked Sanele to get married,” his mother, Patience Masilela said. “He chose Helen because he loves her.”
Clad in a black and silver suit, the boy exchanged vows in Tshwane, South Africa in front of 100 guests. Oh, and they sealed the deal with a kiss.
“By doing this we made the ancestors happy. If we hadn’t done what my son had asked then something bad would have happened in the family,” Patience said, noting that the ceremony was not legally binding. “I didn’t have a problem with it because I know it’s what the ancestors wanted and it would make them happy.”
Sanele said when he is older, he plans to marry a woman his own age.
Meanwhile, we have lots and lots of questions about this, but why won’t bother ask.
See more photos of the happy couple at RadarOnline.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Deon Cole of ‘Black-ish’ Scores Standup Special on Comedy Central
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here