Alexis’ new single, “Steady” has been soaring since airing on gospel stations nationwide. The current single from the album is Alexis’ rendition of Kirk Franklin’s “Imagine Me,” which is currently #23 on Billboard’s Hot Gospel Songs chart and #17 on the Gospel Indicator Songs chart.
With her fiery red hair and golden voice, Alexis was a favorite of both the judges and audience during season five of BET’s “Sunday Best.” While she came up just short of the crown in the 2012 gospel competition, the 19-year-old singer/songwriter is still a winner. As a testament to her talents and skills, Alexis made it to the Top 20 out of 15,000 who auditioned for the show and then survived the competition to the finale.
Greg “Uncle G” Lyons of Uncle G Promotions and Entertainment of Houston, TX, is Alexis’ manager and a big fan.
“I’ve worked with several artists over the years, but it’s something distinctly different about Alexis,” says Lyons. “Everyone she comes in contact with instantly connects with her spirit. She is a pleasure to work with and she loves God.”
Alexis kicked off the L.O.L.: Living Out Loud promotional tour this weekend at the NBA All-Stars in Houston, TX. Alexis was the only female artist performing at the 8th Annual All-Star Gospel Celebration and performed alongside Houston-based recording artist Israel Houghton, James Fortune and FIYA, and label mate Brian Courtney Wilson.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Comedian George Wallace: 'The Black But Equal Thing Don't Work for Us' [EUR EXCLUSIVE]
- Race and Cancer Survival: Blacks Less Likely to Survive (Writer Shares Personal Experience)
- Why Millions Would Join a Gorilla’s Lives Matter but Not Black Lives Matter
- Minor League Baseball Team to Honor Prince in Special 'Purple Game, Purple Game'
- Taraji P. Henson Among Honorees at Women in Film’s Crystal + Lucy Awards
- Dwayne Johnson to Play Action Hero Lead in ‘Doc Savage’
- Pres. Obama Edited to Sing Rihanna’s ‘Work’ (Watch)
- Rapper Troy Ave Pleads Not Guilty in T.I. Concert Shooting
- Jack Hanna Agrees '1,000 Percent' with Killing of Gorilla Harambe (Watch)
- Prince Sets Billboard 200 Record More Than a Month After Death
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here