Alexis’ new single, “Steady” has been soaring since airing on gospel stations nationwide. The current single from the album is Alexis’ rendition of Kirk Franklin’s “Imagine Me,” which is currently #23 on Billboard’s Hot Gospel Songs chart and #17 on the Gospel Indicator Songs chart.
With her fiery red hair and golden voice, Alexis was a favorite of both the judges and audience during season five of BET’s “Sunday Best.” While she came up just short of the crown in the 2012 gospel competition, the 19-year-old singer/songwriter is still a winner. As a testament to her talents and skills, Alexis made it to the Top 20 out of 15,000 who auditioned for the show and then survived the competition to the finale.
Greg “Uncle G” Lyons of Uncle G Promotions and Entertainment of Houston, TX, is Alexis’ manager and a big fan.
“I’ve worked with several artists over the years, but it’s something distinctly different about Alexis,” says Lyons. “Everyone she comes in contact with instantly connects with her spirit. She is a pleasure to work with and she loves God.”
Alexis kicked off the L.O.L.: Living Out Loud promotional tour this weekend at the NBA All-Stars in Houston, TX. Alexis was the only female artist performing at the 8th Annual All-Star Gospel Celebration and performed alongside Houston-based recording artist Israel Houghton, James Fortune and FIYA, and label mate Brian Courtney Wilson.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Remodeling Your Home: The Risks You Need to Know
- THE (05-02-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- OMG! Did Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, Really Respond to My Friendly 'Hello?'
- Wendy Raquel Robinson Pays Tribute to Iconic Artist Prince
- Kelly Rowland's New Music Series Has Her Missing Destiny’s Child
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Ni*ga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here