*Premium cable channel EPIX has picked up a new documentary about New York Knicks star Amar’e Stoudemire and his quest to bring a championship to the city before he finishes his career.
“Amar’e Stoudemire: In The Moment” is set to premiere April 19, on the eve of the NBA playoffs.
A press release describes the film as “a true inside look at what it takes to become and remain one of the world’s most dominant basketball players, revealing [Stoudemire’s] greatest dreams and fears, his focus and challenges. The film follows New York Knicks’ power forward and author, whose quest in the 2012-2013 season is to bring a championship to New York before he finishes his career, while also sharing personal stories from Stoudemire’s life and upbringing.”
The film joins seven new documentaries premiering in EPIX Docs, a weekly showcase airing Wednesdays at 8 p.m. ET. [Scroll down to watch the trailer.]
EPIX is a premium television channel and subscription video-on-demand service that is operated by Studio 3 Partners – a joint venture between Viacom (specifically its subdivision Paramount Pictures), Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer and Lions Gate Entertainment.
- Bree Newsome Reveals Reason Behind Removing the Confederate Flag
- LA Mayor Garcetti Finally Agrees to Meet with Black Lives Matter Activists (Dramatic Video)
- Compton Mayor Invites Submissions for 'Compton Champions' Awards
- THE (07-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Photos: Usher and Miguel Host 5th Post BET Awards Party [Look: Photo Gallery]
- Fantasia Reunites With Husband, Faces Tax Lien
- Doctors Warn of Health Risks from Wearing Skinny Jeans
- Eva Longoria to Donald Trump: ‘You Must Expect a Backlash’ (Watch)
- Warrant Issued for Florida State QB De’Andre Johnson
- K. Michelle Comes for SWV’s Coko; Tamar Gets Memed Over BET Performance
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here