*Premium cable channel EPIX has picked up a new documentary about New York Knicks star Amar’e Stoudemire and his quest to bring a championship to the city before he finishes his career.
“Amar’e Stoudemire: In The Moment” is set to premiere April 19, on the eve of the NBA playoffs.
A press release describes the film as “a true inside look at what it takes to become and remain one of the world’s most dominant basketball players, revealing [Stoudemire’s] greatest dreams and fears, his focus and challenges. The film follows New York Knicks’ power forward and author, whose quest in the 2012-2013 season is to bring a championship to New York before he finishes his career, while also sharing personal stories from Stoudemire’s life and upbringing.”
The film joins seven new documentaries premiering in EPIX Docs, a weekly showcase airing Wednesdays at 8 p.m. ET. [Scroll down to watch the trailer.]
EPIX is a premium television channel and subscription video-on-demand service that is operated by Studio 3 Partners – a joint venture between Viacom (specifically its subdivision Paramount Pictures), Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer and Lions Gate Entertainment.
- THE (07-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- LAPD on #100days100nights: 'Things Have Calmed Down'
- Tami Roman Reveals Health Issues Causing Pregnancy Woes
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Adds Megachurch Drama Series 'Greenleaf'
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here