*Premium cable channel EPIX has picked up a new documentary about New York Knicks star Amar’e Stoudemire and his quest to bring a championship to the city before he finishes his career.
“Amar’e Stoudemire: In The Moment” is set to premiere April 19, on the eve of the NBA playoffs.
A press release describes the film as “a true inside look at what it takes to become and remain one of the world’s most dominant basketball players, revealing [Stoudemire’s] greatest dreams and fears, his focus and challenges. The film follows New York Knicks’ power forward and author, whose quest in the 2012-2013 season is to bring a championship to New York before he finishes his career, while also sharing personal stories from Stoudemire’s life and upbringing.”
The film joins seven new documentaries premiering in EPIX Docs, a weekly showcase airing Wednesdays at 8 p.m. ET. [Scroll down to watch the trailer.]
EPIX is a premium television channel and subscription video-on-demand service that is operated by Studio 3 Partners – a joint venture between Viacom (specifically its subdivision Paramount Pictures), Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer and Lions Gate Entertainment.
- THE (08-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Usain Bolt Mowed Down by Segway (WATCH)
- Debbie Allen Dance Academy Offers scholarship to an ‘Uplifting Minds II’ Talent on Saturday October 24
- Let's Get Direct! Fail to Win!
- Kevin Craig West’s Starring Role in 'Twilight The StoryTellers -The Groundskeeper' Reaches 3 Million + Facebook Views
- Street Leading to Sandra Bland's Alma Mater Renamed in Her Honor
- Burger King Proposes to McDonalds ... in the Name of Peace
- Had Your Fill Yet?
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts - Black Stars of the Great White Way (Part I)
- Russell Wilson Says God Has Anointed Him and Ciara
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here