The play sounds hilarious. A musical that made its debut last summer at the Midtown International Theatre Festival, the plot is based on three women who arrive at a funeral only to discover they were all engaged to the same dead man.
The production, which is Battle’s debut as a playwright, displays “love, lies and betrayal” while the “ghost of the deceased watches on!” Actress Elise Neal, BET’s “Sunday Best” winner Crystal Aikin and comedian Kier Spates of the “Steve Harvey Morning Show,” are also part of the fun cast.
The production kicks off in Washington, DC and will play dates in Miami, Baltimore, Chicago, Atlanta, Birmingham and other cities. For a detailed tour schedule, click here.
Check out the promotional video for “Love Lies”:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Lalah Hathaway & Kindred the Family Soul Headline ATL SLMF
- Timbaland Reschedules Detroit Charity Gig Following Champagne Tantrum
- 'Too Close' Singer Raphael Brown Wins Sole Custody Of Children
- Naked and Unarmed Black Teen Fatally Shot by Austin, TX Police
- ‘Memory Hackers’ (PBS): Not Just a ‘Men In Black’ Thing Anymore
- Video Stories About 'Good Cops' Show Up (Mysteriously) in My Inbox - Should I Be Concerned?
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: It’s Still a Woman Thing with Hillary
- Blake Griffin Suspended 4 Games For Punching Clippers Trainer
- Hymn to Him: The Power of Congregational Singing!
- Patti LaBelle Joins ‘The Voice’ As Advisor to Christina Aguilera
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here