*The Antoine Fuqua boxing drama, “Southpaw” is back on the move.
According to the LA Times, The Weinstein Company picked up the project after Dreamworks pulled the plug in 2011.
When the project was first announced, Eminem was cast as the star, but with the latest developments, it might be a different story.
Written by the rapper and “Sons of Anarchy” creator Kurt Sutter, the story is about a left-handed welterweight boxer who becomes a champion before experiencing a tragedy. The life-changing event crushes his world before he finds the will to rise again.
Now the project is back on the table, but with a different cast, maybe a black actor as the star.
Also look for a special, exclusive interview/ feature on Antoine Fuqua in Monday’s (03-04-13) EUR.
- Rachel Dolezal is Pregnant
- THE (09-02-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Nicki Minaj Wax Figure Getting Makeover After Fans Pressure Museum
- 'Selfish' Kardashians Being Sued Over Disruptive Fireworks Show
- Who T-Pain, Vic Mensa & A$AP Rocky Wanna Collab With (WATCH)
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- O.J. Simpson Fuming: Women Have Stopped Sending Him Commissary Money
- Gospel Sensation Naomi B Releases New Single, ‘Break Free’ (LISTEN)
- White Police Chief Gets Home Detention for Killing Unarmed Black Man
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here