*The Antoine Fuqua boxing drama, “Southpaw” is back on the move.
According to the LA Times, The Weinstein Company picked up the project after Dreamworks pulled the plug in 2011.
When the project was first announced, Eminem was cast as the star, but with the latest developments, it might be a different story.
Written by the rapper and “Sons of Anarchy” creator Kurt Sutter, the story is about a left-handed welterweight boxer who becomes a champion before experiencing a tragedy. The life-changing event crushes his world before he finds the will to rise again.
Now the project is back on the table, but with a different cast, maybe a black actor as the star.
Also look for a special, exclusive interview/ feature on Antoine Fuqua in Monday’s (03-04-13) EUR.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Gap Band Family Feud! Ronnie Wilson Sues Charlie Wilson
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here