*The Antoine Fuqua boxing drama, “Southpaw” is back on the move.
According to the LA Times, The Weinstein Company picked up the project after Dreamworks pulled the plug in 2011.
When the project was first announced, Eminem was cast as the star, but with the latest developments, it might be a different story.
Written by the rapper and “Sons of Anarchy” creator Kurt Sutter, the story is about a left-handed welterweight boxer who becomes a champion before experiencing a tragedy. The life-changing event crushes his world before he finds the will to rise again.
Now the project is back on the table, but with a different cast, maybe a black actor as the star.
Also look for a special, exclusive interview/ feature on Antoine Fuqua in Monday’s (03-04-13) EUR.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Music Exec Salutes Billy Paul & Luther Vandross
- Before Muhammad Ali's Death, Son Says 'Evil Stepmom' Kept Him Prisoner
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young Because He Impregnated His Ex
- Deion Sanders Hit With $1M Lawsuit Over Assault at Son's School
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill to Host Late-Night Talk Show for VH1
- Essence Festival to Honor Prince With NOLA-Themed Tribute Closing Night
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here