*The Antoine Fuqua boxing drama, “Southpaw” is back on the move.
According to the LA Times, The Weinstein Company picked up the project after Dreamworks pulled the plug in 2011.
When the project was first announced, Eminem was cast as the star, but with the latest developments, it might be a different story.
Written by the rapper and “Sons of Anarchy” creator Kurt Sutter, the story is about a left-handed welterweight boxer who becomes a champion before experiencing a tragedy. The life-changing event crushes his world before he finds the will to rise again.
Now the project is back on the table, but with a different cast, maybe a black actor as the star.
Also look for a special, exclusive interview/ feature on Antoine Fuqua in Monday’s (03-04-13) EUR.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Spelling Bee Kids Dab Their Way Through Early Rounds (Watch)
- Venus and Serena Advance With Identical Singles Scores at French Open
- Gucci Mane Released from Prison Four Months Early
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Moves On…With a Man
- Actor Michael Jace Won’t Testify in His Murder Trial
- Cyndi Lauper Salutes Prince With ‘When You Were Mine’ at NY Concert (Watch)
- NYPD’s Top Cop on T.I. Concert Shooting: Rappers are ‘Basically Thugs’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here