*The Antoine Fuqua boxing drama, “Southpaw” is back on the move.
According to the LA Times, The Weinstein Company picked up the project after Dreamworks pulled the plug in 2011.
When the project was first announced, Eminem was cast as the star, but with the latest developments, it might be a different story.
Written by the rapper and “Sons of Anarchy” creator Kurt Sutter, the story is about a left-handed welterweight boxer who becomes a champion before experiencing a tragedy. The life-changing event crushes his world before he finds the will to rise again.
Now the project is back on the table, but with a different cast, maybe a black actor as the star.
Also look for a special, exclusive interview/ feature on Antoine Fuqua in Monday’s (03-04-13) EUR.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (02-09-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ray J Issues Goes Legal on Ex-Business Partner Over Past Kim K Drama
- Beyoncé's Rep Responds to 'B.E.A.T.' Filmmakers 'Credit' Controversy
- What Should Society Do With An 11-Year-Old Murderer?
- Is This the REAL Reason Cam Walked Out of Press Conference? (WATCH)
- Misty Copeland's ‘Ballerina’s Tale’ Also Highlights the #BalletSoWhite Issue
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here