*Aretha Franklin turned 71 on Monday, March 25th, and celebrated the occasion by working her way through New York City.
She began Monday afternoon by hosting a dinner at Le Bernardin restaurant in Manhattan for friends, including fellow birthday girl Chaka Khan, who turned 60 on Saturday, March 23.
The Queen of Soul went on to attend a performance of Motown: The Musical on Broadway, which ended with the cast singing Stevie Wonder’s “Happy Birthday” to their most famous audience member.
The party then continued with a special bash at the Ritz Carlton hotel with guests including Tony Bennett, Berry Gordy, and Reverend Al Sharpton.
Attendees were treated to cakes shaped as Grammy Award trophies.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dr. Dre Wants 'Beats and Rhymes' Tour with Snoop, Eminem, Kendrick
- Lamar Odom Found Unconscious at Nevada Brothel; Doesn't Look Good: Report
- Najee Alli, NAN Pressure USC to Consider Hiring Black Coach
- [Watch] Teaser Trailer for Jesse Owens Biopic 'Race'
- Danny Sapani Plays ‘Berber the Moor’ in FX’s Drama 'Bastard Executioner'
- Tamera Mowry-Housely Has 'Goosebumps!' (Photos)
- Chris Bosh and Wife Adrienne Expecting Twins
- President Obama Crashes Wedding at San Diego Golf Course (Watch)
- Taraji P. Henson Slays November Cover of Essence
- Suge Knight Sneaks Birthday Message to Son During Court (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here