*Aretha Franklin turned 71 on Monday, March 25th, and celebrated the occasion by working her way through New York City.
She began Monday afternoon by hosting a dinner at Le Bernardin restaurant in Manhattan for friends, including fellow birthday girl Chaka Khan, who turned 60 on Saturday, March 23.
The Queen of Soul went on to attend a performance of Motown: The Musical on Broadway, which ended with the cast singing Stevie Wonder’s “Happy Birthday” to their most famous audience member.
The party then continued with a special bash at the Ritz Carlton hotel with guests including Tony Bennett, Berry Gordy, and Reverend Al Sharpton.
Attendees were treated to cakes shaped as Grammy Award trophies.
- LISTEN to Newcomer Babs Savage's New Hit 'La La' - A Unique Twist on the Delfonic's Classic
- #AaliyahForMAC: Aaliyah Fans Start Petition for MAC Line
- Naomi Campbell Convicted of Assault By Italian Court
- Whites Burst into Black Girl's Birthday Party Holding Confed Flags (Watch)
- Ice & Coco Expecting Baby Girl, Talk is Key to a Successful Marriage (VIDEO)
- Thursday's First Republican Debate Line Up Released
- Joe Jackson Out of the Hospital After Stroke
- Woman Sues Lee Daniels for $300M Claiming She Inspired Cookie Role
- Banned from Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral, Nick Gordon Mourns on Beach
- Jadeveon Clowney’s Dad Charged with Attempted Murder
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here