*Aretha Franklin turned 71 on Monday, March 25th, and celebrated the occasion by working her way through New York City.
She began Monday afternoon by hosting a dinner at Le Bernardin restaurant in Manhattan for friends, including fellow birthday girl Chaka Khan, who turned 60 on Saturday, March 23.
The Queen of Soul went on to attend a performance of Motown: The Musical on Broadway, which ended with the cast singing Stevie Wonder’s “Happy Birthday” to their most famous audience member.
The party then continued with a special bash at the Ritz Carlton hotel with guests including Tony Bennett, Berry Gordy, and Reverend Al Sharpton.
Attendees were treated to cakes shaped as Grammy Award trophies.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- 107-Year-Old Trades Dance Partner Pres. Obama for Dusty Baker (Watch)
- Police Test Bullets in T.I. Club Shooting to Determine Number of Guns Used
- Neil Brown Jr. Joins Issa Rae’s HBO Comedy ‘Insecure’
- Mariah Carey Checks Lee Daniels AND Wendy Williams for Saying She’s ‘Too Fragile’ (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton Reacts to ‘The Real’ Firing on Next ‘Braxton Family Values’ (Teaser)
- Activist PFK Boom Demands Pastor Jamal Bryant 'Get the F*ck Out' of Baltimore (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey Ready for ‘Greenleaf’ Backlash; Warns T.D. Jakes of Possible Comparisons
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Lawyers in Jerry Heller Case Want Judge to Watch Entire Film for Context
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here