*Aretha Franklin turned 71 on Monday, March 25th, and celebrated the occasion by working her way through New York City.
She began Monday afternoon by hosting a dinner at Le Bernardin restaurant in Manhattan for friends, including fellow birthday girl Chaka Khan, who turned 60 on Saturday, March 23.
The Queen of Soul went on to attend a performance of Motown: The Musical on Broadway, which ended with the cast singing Stevie Wonder’s “Happy Birthday” to their most famous audience member.
The party then continued with a special bash at the Ritz Carlton hotel with guests including Tony Bennett, Berry Gordy, and Reverend Al Sharpton.
Attendees were treated to cakes shaped as Grammy Award trophies.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- WATCH President Obama Crack on Trump, Bernie and More at WHCD
- Ray and Janay Rice Announce they Are Expecting Baby Number 2
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Drake Says New Album 'Views' Sold 630,000 Copies in One Night!
- Lakers Announce Luke Walton as New Head Coach
- John Wayne's Ultra-Racist Views of African Americans Ran Deep
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here