*Gucci Mane, currently on the big screen in “Spring Breakers,” is reportedly wanted by the Atlanta Police Department after a soldier claimed that he was assaulted by the rapper at a local club last week.
According to Atlanta’s Channel 2 (via WSBTV), an arrest warrant was issued for the MC after a soldier approached Mane in the VIP section of the Harlem Nights club on the evening of Mar. 15.
When the soldier, who is only referring to himself as “James” in media interviews, asked a security guard if he could take a picture with the rapper, Mane reportedly hit the man over the head with a champagne bottle.
“And as I looked at him in the shock of why, one of his friends hit me in the side of my face,” says James, who was rushed to Grady Memorial Hospital and received 10 stitches for the cut on his head. James, who serves in the Army, was out with friends to celebrate his birthday.
Atlanta police have since issued a warrant for the rapper (real name: Radric Davis) for aggravated assault. Mane was at Harlem Nights promoting his new mixtapes Trap Back 2 and East Atlanta Memphis, the latter a joint release with Young Dolph.
The 33-year-old MC has spent much of his career battling legal issues: Mane has been arrested for battery, probation violation and reckless driving, among other disturbances. He served a six-month jail sentence in 2011.
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here