*Gucci Mane, currently on the big screen in “Spring Breakers,” is reportedly wanted by the Atlanta Police Department after a soldier claimed that he was assaulted by the rapper at a local club last week.
According to Atlanta’s Channel 2 (via WSBTV), an arrest warrant was issued for the MC after a soldier approached Mane in the VIP section of the Harlem Nights club on the evening of Mar. 15.
When the soldier, who is only referring to himself as “James” in media interviews, asked a security guard if he could take a picture with the rapper, Mane reportedly hit the man over the head with a champagne bottle.
“And as I looked at him in the shock of why, one of his friends hit me in the side of my face,” says James, who was rushed to Grady Memorial Hospital and received 10 stitches for the cut on his head. James, who serves in the Army, was out with friends to celebrate his birthday.
Atlanta police have since issued a warrant for the rapper (real name: Radric Davis) for aggravated assault. Mane was at Harlem Nights promoting his new mixtapes Trap Back 2 and East Atlanta Memphis, the latter a joint release with Young Dolph.
The 33-year-old MC has spent much of his career battling legal issues: Mane has been arrested for battery, probation violation and reckless driving, among other disturbances. He served a six-month jail sentence in 2011.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- WNBA's Candace Parker Shares Handwritten Recruitment Letter from Pat Summitt
- No Designers Wanted to Dress Leslie Jones for 'Ghostbusters' Red Carpet
- Drake Struggles With 'Work Banter' in Cut ‘SNL’ Sketch (Watch)
- Stranger Defends Teen Harassed for Selling Candy Outside Target (Watch)
- Chris Brown Responds to Recent Exits from ‘People Claiming to Be My Team’
- Shirley Caesar Receives Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame (Watch Full Ceremony)
- Tyrese Gibson Back as Robert Epps for ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’
- Nate Parker to Receive Sundance Institute’s Vanguard Award
- Idris Elba, Freida Pinto Set for John Ridley’s Showtime Miniseries ‘Guerrilla’
- Serena Williams Advances to Second Round at Wimbledon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here