*Gucci Mane, currently on the big screen in “Spring Breakers,” is reportedly wanted by the Atlanta Police Department after a soldier claimed that he was assaulted by the rapper at a local club last week.
According to Atlanta’s Channel 2 (via WSBTV), an arrest warrant was issued for the MC after a soldier approached Mane in the VIP section of the Harlem Nights club on the evening of Mar. 15.
When the soldier, who is only referring to himself as “James” in media interviews, asked a security guard if he could take a picture with the rapper, Mane reportedly hit the man over the head with a champagne bottle.
“And as I looked at him in the shock of why, one of his friends hit me in the side of my face,” says James, who was rushed to Grady Memorial Hospital and received 10 stitches for the cut on his head. James, who serves in the Army, was out with friends to celebrate his birthday.
Atlanta police have since issued a warrant for the rapper (real name: Radric Davis) for aggravated assault. Mane was at Harlem Nights promoting his new mixtapes Trap Back 2 and East Atlanta Memphis, the latter a joint release with Young Dolph.
The 33-year-old MC has spent much of his career battling legal issues: Mane has been arrested for battery, probation violation and reckless driving, among other disturbances. He served a six-month jail sentence in 2011.
- Lorenzo Brown, Husband of Sister-2-Sister Publisher Jamie Brown, Dies of Cancer
- (The Black Hat) Serena Williams is a Winner, Not a Cover Girl
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'The Martian': 'Love Letter to Science' -- Matt Damon
- The Film Strip: New York Comic Con Tickets Going Fast
- 'Django Unchained' Actress Daniele Watts & Boyfriend Sentenced
- Shocking! How BGF Members Made $20K a Month in Jail
- Piano Man: Tyler Perry Buys Nat King Cole's Steinway for $150k
- Trump Dismisses Ramos, 2 Reporters Murdered in Virginia, Serena Williams New Boo | BHL's This Week
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here