In less than a month the “STREETS” video, featuring Bay Area rapper The Jacka, has moved from the 135th spot to number 32 on the CALIFORNIA MUSIC CHANNEL video charts. Named the “number one local/regional Pop television station at Billboard Magazine’s 21st Annual Music Video Conference, CALIFORNIA MUSIC CHANNEL, (@CMCTV), is one of the longest running and most successful local music video services in the country” and is also housed the San Francisco Bay Area where Baby Jaymes grew up.
“STREETS” featuring The Jacka, is the creative vision of Ghetto Retro and Clear Label Recording artist Baby Jaymes and director John Primo. Filmed in Oakland, Baby Jaymes narrates a story that is not his own, but one fueled by an imaginative and reflective journey that strikes upon the complexities of urban living. “STREETS” was one of those spontaneously created songs. Producer Marc Garvy started on a track and while creating it, the entire melody and hook popped into my head. I went home and worked out the lyrics and recorded the vocal in one session practically. It was one of the fastest songs I’ve ever recorded.”
Slowly and steadily, “STREETS” is winning world-wide attention congruently showing in regular video rotation on SubTV at 96 universities across Europe. It’s placement on CMC is significant as, “Nielsen Media Research confirm that during its time period CALIFORNIA MUSIC CHANNEL routinely outdraws all competing national cable music networks,” for the 18-49 demographic, which makes Baby Jaymes success at home more meaningful.
Often referred to as the “Black Beck” Jaymes’ musical influences range from pop rock icons, the Beatles, to more contemporary artists like Jonelle Monae and Andre 3000. Says Baby Jaymes of his self-anointed style, “Ghetto Retro” is a sound that fuses a range of influences that sometimes reflects the slick pop aesthetics of Motown yet with hints of the gritty tones of Memphis Soul mixed with Hip Hop textures indicative of the generation of which I was raised.”
To view and request “STREETS” featuring The Jacka, visit the CALIFORNIA MUSIC CHANNEL website: http://www.cmc-tv.com/requests.htm.
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Michael Gordon Bennett Calls Himself America's Whitest Black Kid
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here