*Bill Cosby isn’t anyone’s Dr. Huxtable anymore.
The outspoken actor and activist recently compared today’s Republicans to racist segregationists for staying in their seats during the president’s State of the Union Address.
During a discussion about the Voting Rights Act in a (debatable) post racial society on “Starting Point” with CNN’s Soledad O’Brien, he pointed to the prevalent racism of today.
O’Brien gleaned to Cosby’s achievements in an intense period in American history and noted that it may have appeared to some that the nation progressed to a post racial society.
“I read about you, at the same time the fight for rights in the South was going on,” she said to Cosby, “you were on the verge of winning an Emmy award. First black man – in 1966 you would win an Emmy award. And the show, ‘I Spy,’ was banned in the South.”
“It’s just hard to believe,” co-panelist, Rep. Connie Mack (R-FL) said. “It’s unbelievable.”
“I don’t think so,” Cosby quickly responded. “Not when you look at the President’s speech recently.”
“To see people sitting down when there are others standing and cheering. I think we have people sitting there who are as bad as the people who were against any kind of desegregation. And then in place of a better America, they want their own sick feelings put across, and it’s — it isn’t — it isn’t a good time, but I think, also on our part as professors and presidents of colleges all over, and in public schools, we need to get the education of the correct history that happened so people can say, ‘Yes, this really did happen.’”
- Byron Jackson Brings 'DeSean Jackson: Home Team' to BET (WATCH)
- Diddy May Catch Break in UCLA Case, but Could Lose Liquor License
- Ava DuVernay References 'Black Panther' in Support of Bree Newsome
- S.C. Legislature Has Votes to Remove Confederate Flag; KKK to Rally at Statehouse
- NBC Wants Minority Host to Replace Trump on ‘Celebrity Apprentice’?
- Seahawks WR Doug Baldwin Goes Viral with Anti-Confederate Flag Post
- Report: Tyga Fails to Pay 50K Offered to Squash Underage Sexual Battery Lawsuit
- Lee Daniels Signs Overall Deal with 20th Century Fox TV
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Reveals She’s Having Twins
- NBC Fires Donald Trump Over Racist Comments
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here