*The Pew Research Center just released a report that breaks down the use of social media among race, gender and geographic location.
While 67 percent of the online population overall uses Facebook, the demographic portrait of the smaller services varies greatly, according to the survey that shows its first comparisons of usage by whites, blacks and Hispanics.
Twitter is especially popular with people 18-29 and blacks, while Instagram is particularly appealing to Hispanics, blacks and women. [See chart below.]
Read here for more demographic distinctions across Facebook and emerging social networks.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Will Smith Planning Political Run 'In The Near Future'
- Angie Stone Recalls the Time She Passed on Dating Idris Elba
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here