*The Pew Research Center just released a report that breaks down the use of social media among race, gender and geographic location.
While 67 percent of the online population overall uses Facebook, the demographic portrait of the smaller services varies greatly, according to the survey that shows its first comparisons of usage by whites, blacks and Hispanics.
Twitter is especially popular with people 18-29 and blacks, while Instagram is particularly appealing to Hispanics, blacks and women. [See chart below.]
Read here for more demographic distinctions across Facebook and emerging social networks.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (02-09-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ray J Issues Goes Legal on Ex-Business Partner Over Past Kim K Drama
- Beyoncé's Rep Responds to 'B.E.A.T.' Filmmakers 'Credit' Controversy
- What Should Society Do With An 11-Year-Old Murderer?
- Is This the REAL Reason Cam Walked Out of Press Conference? (WATCH)
- Misty Copeland's ‘Ballerina’s Tale’ Also Highlights the #BalletSoWhite Issue
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here