*The Pew Research Center just released a report that breaks down the use of social media among race, gender and geographic location.
While 67 percent of the online population overall uses Facebook, the demographic portrait of the smaller services varies greatly, according to the survey that shows its first comparisons of usage by whites, blacks and Hispanics.
Twitter is especially popular with people 18-29 and blacks, while Instagram is particularly appealing to Hispanics, blacks and women. [See chart below.]
Read here for more demographic distinctions across Facebook and emerging social networks.
- Bree Newsome Reveals Reason Behind Removing the Confederate Flag
- LA Mayor Garcetti Finally Agrees to Meet with Black Lives Matter Activists (Dramatic Video)
- Compton Mayor Invites Submissions for 'Compton Champions' Awards
- THE (07-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Photos: Usher and Miguel Host 5th Post BET Awards Party [Look: Photo Gallery]
- Fantasia Reunites With Husband, Faces Tax Lien
- Doctors Warn of Health Risks from Wearing Skinny Jeans
- Eva Longoria to Donald Trump: ‘You Must Expect a Backlash’ (Watch)
- Warrant Issued for Florida State QB De’Andre Johnson
- K. Michelle Comes for SWV’s Coko; Tamar Gets Memed Over BET Performance
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here