*The Pew Research Center just released a report that breaks down the use of social media among race, gender and geographic location.
While 67 percent of the online population overall uses Facebook, the demographic portrait of the smaller services varies greatly, according to the survey that shows its first comparisons of usage by whites, blacks and Hispanics.
Twitter is especially popular with people 18-29 and blacks, while Instagram is particularly appealing to Hispanics, blacks and women. [See chart below.]
Read here for more demographic distinctions across Facebook and emerging social networks.
- Sad: William ‘Refrigerator’ Perry Auctioning Off Super Bowl Ring
- 'Basketball Wives' Star Tami Roman Suffers Miscarriage
- Bobbi Kristina’s Brother Comes Down on 'Morbid' Twitter Followers
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Tons of Laughs with Vacation; Stars Ed Helms and Christina Applegate as the Griswolds
- James Arawole Launches Crowdfunding Campaign for Young Adult Novel on Struggles of Black Teens Living with Type-1 Diabetes
- With Iran Deal in Trouble, White House Reaching Out to Liberals for Support
- Atlanta Group MAKO Girls' Prep for Summer Promo Tour
- THE (07-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- LAPD on #100days100nights: 'Things Have Calmed Down'
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here