*In a funny interview with GQ, Bruno Mars explains why he looked like he was on the red carpet in his 2010 mug shot. He says, “I have no idea. It was a picture.”
The singer was booked on a drug charge in Las Vegas. Maybe he was having the time of is life?
“I was really intoxicated. I was really drunk,” Mars recalls to GQ. “So a lot of that is a big blur, and I try every day to forget and keep pushing.”
In the meantime, while he attempts to forget those wild times in Vegas, he’s managed to land himself a No. 1 spot on Billboard’s 200 chart with his 2012 album, “Unorthodox Jukebox.”
He says it wasn’t easy.
“You know how hard it is to write a big song? That s*** is hard, man,” he admits to GQ. “I don’t ever want to come out with something safe and get away with ‘It sounds good!’ It’s got to be more than sounding good. The music I like are events. … ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ is my favorite song – that song’s an event. And that’s what I want to do. I’m sure that shocked the world, that song. ‘Billie Jean’ shocked the world. ‘Smells Like Teen Spirit.’ Those songs are events. That guy put everything he got into that, and he meant it.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Bobby Shmurda to Sue NYPD Over False Arrest & Gun Charges
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Moya Angela: Dreamgirls' 'Effie' Speaks Exclusively to EURweb
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Malia Obama Takes One-Year Deferment Prior to Harvard Start
- Prince Talks Michael Jackson's Death, Chris Brown in Never-Published 2014 Rolling Stone Interview
- Dixie Chicks Cover Beyonce’s ‘Daddy Lessons’ Despite Song's Nashville Backlash (Watch)
- Prince’s Siblings Attend Packed Hearing; Judge Appoints Special Administrator
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here