*In a funny interview with GQ, Bruno Mars explains why he looked like he was on the red carpet in his 2010 mug shot. He says, “I have no idea. It was a picture.”
The singer was booked on a drug charge in Las Vegas. Maybe he was having the time of is life?
“I was really intoxicated. I was really drunk,” Mars recalls to GQ. “So a lot of that is a big blur, and I try every day to forget and keep pushing.”
In the meantime, while he attempts to forget those wild times in Vegas, he’s managed to land himself a No. 1 spot on Billboard’s 200 chart with his 2012 album, “Unorthodox Jukebox.”
He says it wasn’t easy.
“You know how hard it is to write a big song? That s*** is hard, man,” he admits to GQ. “I don’t ever want to come out with something safe and get away with ‘It sounds good!’ It’s got to be more than sounding good. The music I like are events. … ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ is my favorite song – that song’s an event. And that’s what I want to do. I’m sure that shocked the world, that song. ‘Billie Jean’ shocked the world. ‘Smells Like Teen Spirit.’ Those songs are events. That guy put everything he got into that, and he meant it.”
- Louisiana Cop Exposed in KKK Photo Still On Force; Refuses to Resign
- Man Found With O.J. Simpson’s Stolen Heisman Trophy Arrested
- Afroman Avoids Jail After Punching a Woman in the Face
- ‘The Voice’ Beef: Gwen Stefani Not Happy With Rihanna’s ‘Advisor’ Role?
- Wendy Williams ‘Disappointed’ in Nicki Minaj Checking Miley Cyrus (Watch)
- Deborah Cox Joins Off-Broadway Play about Transgender Identity
- Farrah Franklin (Destiny's Child) Officially Debuts with Sexy New Single: 'Magic and Makeup'
- Black Family Says They Received Racist Threats During Camping Trip
- Prosecutors to Seek Death Penalty for Charleston Church Shooter
- Soul of the US Open: Serena Williams Survives Nuisance Nederlander; Venus Takes Step Two Toward Spoiling Sister's Slam Bid
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here