*In a funny interview with GQ, Bruno Mars explains why he looked like he was on the red carpet in his 2010 mug shot. He says, “I have no idea. It was a picture.”
The singer was booked on a drug charge in Las Vegas. Maybe he was having the time of is life?
“I was really intoxicated. I was really drunk,” Mars recalls to GQ. “So a lot of that is a big blur, and I try every day to forget and keep pushing.”
In the meantime, while he attempts to forget those wild times in Vegas, he’s managed to land himself a No. 1 spot on Billboard’s 200 chart with his 2012 album, “Unorthodox Jukebox.”
He says it wasn’t easy.
“You know how hard it is to write a big song? That s*** is hard, man,” he admits to GQ. “I don’t ever want to come out with something safe and get away with ‘It sounds good!’ It’s got to be more than sounding good. The music I like are events. … ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ is my favorite song – that song’s an event. And that’s what I want to do. I’m sure that shocked the world, that song. ‘Billie Jean’ shocked the world. ‘Smells Like Teen Spirit.’ Those songs are events. That guy put everything he got into that, and he meant it.”
- S.C. Legislature Has Votes to Remove Confederate Flag; KKK to Rally at Statehouse
- NBC Wants Minority Host to Replace Trump on ‘Celebrity Apprentice’?
- Seahawks WR Doug Baldwin Goes Viral with Anti-Confederate Flag Post
- Report: Tyga Fails to Pay 50K Offered to Squash Underage Sexual Battery Lawsuit
- Lee Daniels Signs Overall Deal with 20th Century Fox TV
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Reveals She’s Having Twins
- NBC Fires Donald Trump Over Racist Comments
- Rich Homie Quan Bails from BET Awards Over Stage Demotion
- Cameron Turner: More White Folks Need to Listen To Us
- Female EMT 'Fired' for Refusal to Support Baby in Distress (Child Dies)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here