*In a funny interview with GQ, Bruno Mars explains why he looked like he was on the red carpet in his 2010 mug shot. He says, “I have no idea. It was a picture.”
The singer was booked on a drug charge in Las Vegas. Maybe he was having the time of is life?
“I was really intoxicated. I was really drunk,” Mars recalls to GQ. “So a lot of that is a big blur, and I try every day to forget and keep pushing.”
In the meantime, while he attempts to forget those wild times in Vegas, he’s managed to land himself a No. 1 spot on Billboard’s 200 chart with his 2012 album, “Unorthodox Jukebox.”
He says it wasn’t easy.
“You know how hard it is to write a big song? That s*** is hard, man,” he admits to GQ. “I don’t ever want to come out with something safe and get away with ‘It sounds good!’ It’s got to be more than sounding good. The music I like are events. … ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ is my favorite song – that song’s an event. And that’s what I want to do. I’m sure that shocked the world, that song. ‘Billie Jean’ shocked the world. ‘Smells Like Teen Spirit.’ Those songs are events. That guy put everything he got into that, and he meant it.”
- Pres. Obama on 2016 Election: 'I Think If I Ran, I Would Win'
- Rumor or Fact? L.A. Gangs Threaten to Kill 100 People in 100 Days
- POLITICO Magazine: U.S. Mayors Say Ferguson Could Also Happen in Their Cities
- New 'Legal Equalizer' App Aims to Counter Racial Profiling (WATCH)
- Martin Luther King III and Andrew Young to Attend Voting Right Press Conference
- THE (07-29-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- KDAY 93.5 FM Hosts ‘Uplifting Minds II’ National Talent Showcase Competition Saturday, October 24 at the Celebrity Centre in Hollywood
- Reggie Jackson Apologizes for Profane Outburst Against Fans
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here