*In a funny interview with GQ, Bruno Mars explains why he looked like he was on the red carpet in his 2010 mug shot. He says, “I have no idea. It was a picture.”
The singer was booked on a drug charge in Las Vegas. Maybe he was having the time of is life?
“I was really intoxicated. I was really drunk,” Mars recalls to GQ. “So a lot of that is a big blur, and I try every day to forget and keep pushing.”
In the meantime, while he attempts to forget those wild times in Vegas, he’s managed to land himself a No. 1 spot on Billboard’s 200 chart with his 2012 album, “Unorthodox Jukebox.”
He says it wasn’t easy.
“You know how hard it is to write a big song? That s*** is hard, man,” he admits to GQ. “I don’t ever want to come out with something safe and get away with ‘It sounds good!’ It’s got to be more than sounding good. The music I like are events. … ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ is my favorite song – that song’s an event. And that’s what I want to do. I’m sure that shocked the world, that song. ‘Billie Jean’ shocked the world. ‘Smells Like Teen Spirit.’ Those songs are events. That guy put everything he got into that, and he meant it.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Seniors Get In Formation for 'Lemonade,' Pittsburgh Police Resist
- Black Lives Matter Echoes the Evolution of Black Panther Party
- BLM Activist Charles Wade Charged With Pimping 17-Year-Old Girl
- THE (05-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Blac Chyna and Rob K Stand to Make $1 Million for Bay Pics
- Beyoncé Earns Big for Tidal, Superjam 2016 Lineup Announced
- Monica Updates Fans On Marriage Status, Praises Husband
- Endangered Gorilla Killed After 4-Yr-Old Boy Enters Habitat (WATCH Dramatic Video)
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here