*“Comics Unleashed With Byron Allen” has been renewed for two more seasons, it was announced Thursday by Byron Allen’s Entertainment Studios, which produces and distributes the show.
The renewal would take the show through 2014, which would be its ninth year on the air.
The daily half-hour show airs in syndication on 14 CBS owned stations, including outlets in New York (WCBS), Los Angeles (KCBS) and Chicago (WBBM). It airs after “The Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson” in all three markets.
“We can never have enough comedy in this world,” said Allen, who is CEO of Entertainment Studios, which he founded about twenty years ago with the launch of the show “The Entertainers,” which is also still on the air.
Among the comics that Allen has interviewed in recent episodes are Dane Cook, Jon Lovitz, Howie Manel, Wayne Brady, Tom Arnold, Chelsea Handler and Norm McDonald.
The series, which first went on the air in the 2006-2007 season, now reaches TV homes in 92 percent of the U.S. It also gets international exposure on cable and digital platforms, including Entertainment Studio’s SmartTV.com.
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Ava DuVernay WON'T Be Directing Marvel's 'Black Panther'
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Welcomes Daughter
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- The NBA Demands Removal of Flag & No More Systematic Racism
- Deya Gets Direct with Single Men (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here