*“Comics Unleashed With Byron Allen” has been renewed for two more seasons, it was announced Thursday by Byron Allen’s Entertainment Studios, which produces and distributes the show.
The renewal would take the show through 2014, which would be its ninth year on the air.
The daily half-hour show airs in syndication on 14 CBS owned stations, including outlets in New York (WCBS), Los Angeles (KCBS) and Chicago (WBBM). It airs after “The Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson” in all three markets.
“We can never have enough comedy in this world,” said Allen, who is CEO of Entertainment Studios, which he founded about twenty years ago with the launch of the show “The Entertainers,” which is also still on the air.
Among the comics that Allen has interviewed in recent episodes are Dane Cook, Jon Lovitz, Howie Manel, Wayne Brady, Tom Arnold, Chelsea Handler and Norm McDonald.
The series, which first went on the air in the 2006-2007 season, now reaches TV homes in 92 percent of the U.S. It also gets international exposure on cable and digital platforms, including Entertainment Studio’s SmartTV.com.
- Black Comedienne to Compete on New Season of 'Last Comic Standing' (WATCH)
- Brittney Griner Rebounds with Beauty Named Lola
- Jill Scott On Bill Cosby, 'Being a Beloved Black Man Is Dangerous
- Ja Rule Ready to Show Different Side in MTV Family Docuseries 'Follow the Rules'
- REPORT: Congressman Chaka Fattah (Dem/PA) Indicted in Racketeering Case
- Ohio Cop Ray Tensing Indicted for Murder of Samuel DuBose (Video of Shooting)
- Nick Gordon Eyed for Prosecution; Spotted Wearing Bobbi Kristina’s Ring
- Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral to be Private
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here