*“Comics Unleashed With Byron Allen” has been renewed for two more seasons, it was announced Thursday by Byron Allen’s Entertainment Studios, which produces and distributes the show.
The renewal would take the show through 2014, which would be its ninth year on the air.
The daily half-hour show airs in syndication on 14 CBS owned stations, including outlets in New York (WCBS), Los Angeles (KCBS) and Chicago (WBBM). It airs after “The Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson” in all three markets.
“We can never have enough comedy in this world,” said Allen, who is CEO of Entertainment Studios, which he founded about twenty years ago with the launch of the show “The Entertainers,” which is also still on the air.
Among the comics that Allen has interviewed in recent episodes are Dane Cook, Jon Lovitz, Howie Manel, Wayne Brady, Tom Arnold, Chelsea Handler and Norm McDonald.
The series, which first went on the air in the 2006-2007 season, now reaches TV homes in 92 percent of the U.S. It also gets international exposure on cable and digital platforms, including Entertainment Studio’s SmartTV.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- James Brown Previews Super Bowl Pregame Show: 'It's Only 4 Hrs As Opposed to 7'
- Jill Scott Wins Big at 47th Annual NAACP Image Awards
- Kim & Kanye Fought Over Wiz Khalifa Rant and Wendy Williams Dis?
- 47th NAACP Image Awards Announces Winners of Non-Televised Categories
- Filmmakers Say 'Kung Fu Panda 3' is 'Perfect Premise For Creating Comedy' [EUR Exclusive]
- Ne-Yo’s Ex-Fiance Moyetta Shaw Posts Pics With New Millionaire Man
- Too Bad Girlfriends Don't Know Everything
- Suge Knight Loses Phone and Visitor Privileges in Jail
- Wiz Khalifa Inks Deal to Release Own Line of Weed Strains
- Stop Complaining About that Mole, This Could've Happened!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here