*“Comics Unleashed With Byron Allen” has been renewed for two more seasons, it was announced Thursday by Byron Allen’s Entertainment Studios, which produces and distributes the show.
The renewal would take the show through 2014, which would be its ninth year on the air.
The daily half-hour show airs in syndication on 14 CBS owned stations, including outlets in New York (WCBS), Los Angeles (KCBS) and Chicago (WBBM). It airs after “The Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson” in all three markets.
“We can never have enough comedy in this world,” said Allen, who is CEO of Entertainment Studios, which he founded about twenty years ago with the launch of the show “The Entertainers,” which is also still on the air.
Among the comics that Allen has interviewed in recent episodes are Dane Cook, Jon Lovitz, Howie Manel, Wayne Brady, Tom Arnold, Chelsea Handler and Norm McDonald.
The series, which first went on the air in the 2006-2007 season, now reaches TV homes in 92 percent of the U.S. It also gets international exposure on cable and digital platforms, including Entertainment Studio’s SmartTV.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Aisha Tyler: African-American Teens Must 'Be Brave' About College
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Oprah's Not Worried About Flack From Church Folk
- Prince Entered Treatment Program for Hip Pain & Medication Use
- Kehoe Brothers to Direct R-rated Action-comedy for Tyler Perry
- WATCH President Obama Crack on Trump, Bernie and More at WHCD
- Ray and Janay Rice Announce they Are Expecting Baby Number 2
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here