*As previously reported, Chris Brown has opened up about the assault on Rihanna.
In an interview on Ryan Seacrest’s radio show, to promote his new CD, “X,” he admitted he was out of line and didn’t act maturely.
When Seacrest asked if he thought his girlfriend would ever forgive him, he said he didn’t know.
“I just tried my best to be the best man I could be over the years and just show her how remorseful and sorry I was for the incident and that time was probably the worst part of my life and being that she has and she’s a wonderful person, I’m eternally thankful,” he said.
Now that four years have gone by and the couple has renewed their friendship and relationship, he says it’s all about having fun.
“It’s like we’re kids. I try not to be too grown and be like, ‘Let’s have candlelight dinner every night.’ I try to make sure everything is fun and it has to be genuine.”
Overall, though, he says the past is the past, but he’s taken responsibility for his actions, saying he’s had to grow from the reputation-crushing incident.
“I think for me that at age 18, 19, I was capable of writing and producing songs, so I’m also capable of making the right choices,” he said. “Being at that young age, I can tell you I was arrogant and definitely hotheaded. Everybody has a temper, but for me, it was not knowing how to control it when I thought I had the world in my hands.”
When Ryan Seacrest wondered what lesson he learned from that tough time, Brown replied, “that you can lose it all.”
“And I’m not just saying fame or stardom because that’s not what it’s about. I’m talking about dignity [and] integrity. You know, you lose yourself in a way.”
OK, bottom line … do you think Chris Brown has really changed? Or is he just talking a good game to promote his new CD.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Joy Reid to Take Over Melissa Harris Perry’s Former MSNBC Timeslots
- EUR on the Red Carpet with Key and Peele's New Funny Flick, 'Keanu' (Watch)
- Larry Wilmore on Hosting Final WHCD Under Obama: ‘I’m Very Nervous’
- Beyonce’s Protégé Duo Chloe x Halle Premiere EP ‘Sugar Symphony’ (Listen)
- Rookie Cop Beats Handcuffed Woman & it's Caught on Camera! (WATCH)
- Prince Death Probe: Authorities Looking for 'Friendly' Docs who Prescribed Pills
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here