*Roland Martin must have pissed off the new powers that be at CNN because he’s getting cut off a little earlier than expected.
According to FishbowlDC, the network has banned bookings for the show.
“There are 17 days left on Roland Martin ‘s CNN contract. But the powers that be appear to be shutting it down early. With his contract ending April 6, some producers have been informed not to book him, FishbowlDC has learned,” wrote Betsy Rothstein. “We knew something was awry when we noticed Martin hadn’t tweeted his usual #bringthefunk alert on Twitter that he’d be appearing on Erin Burnette’s “Out Front,” which he hasn’t done in a month. On Wednesday he tweeted that he did Canadian TV. The Canadians can find time to bring Martin’s funk, but not CNN?”
It’s been about three weeks since we’ve last seen him on his mostly regular appearance on “Out Front.” His face has actually been quite scarce on CNN all year and was noticeably missing during the inauguration coverage in January.
In an interview with Brooke Obie of Ebony, Martin revealed that in December, he was notified his contract would not be renewed, reports Journal-isms.
CNN’s slow and steady transformation is beginning to raise brows, inspiring people to wonder if CNN’s new president, Jeff Zucker, is doing some funny “white out” business.
Martin said it’s too early to tell.
Read more at FishbowlDC.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Tracy Morgan Says God Spoke to Him After Crash: ‘I Went to the Other Side’
- Mariah Carey Celebrates Christmas, Talks Motherhood/Co-Parenting with Steve Harvey
- Ex Cowboys RB Joseph Randle Arrested at Kansas Casino
- Vain or Not? Diddy Stays Youthful With Wrinkle-Free Method (Watch)
- ‘Creed’s Ryan Coogler and Tessa Thompson Reveal Their Favorite ‘Rocky’ Film
- Court Denies Sherri Shepherd’s Appeal to Stop Child Support Payments
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here