*Roland Martin must have pissed off the new powers that be at CNN because he’s getting cut off a little earlier than expected.
According to FishbowlDC, the network has banned bookings for the show.
“There are 17 days left on Roland Martin ‘s CNN contract. But the powers that be appear to be shutting it down early. With his contract ending April 6, some producers have been informed not to book him, FishbowlDC has learned,” wrote Betsy Rothstein. “We knew something was awry when we noticed Martin hadn’t tweeted his usual #bringthefunk alert on Twitter that he’d be appearing on Erin Burnette’s “Out Front,” which he hasn’t done in a month. On Wednesday he tweeted that he did Canadian TV. The Canadians can find time to bring Martin’s funk, but not CNN?”
It’s been about three weeks since we’ve last seen him on his mostly regular appearance on “Out Front.” His face has actually been quite scarce on CNN all year and was noticeably missing during the inauguration coverage in January.
In an interview with Brooke Obie of Ebony, Martin revealed that in December, he was notified his contract would not be renewed, reports Journal-isms.
CNN’s slow and steady transformation is beginning to raise brows, inspiring people to wonder if CNN’s new president, Jeff Zucker, is doing some funny “white out” business.
Martin said it’s too early to tell.
Read more at FishbowlDC.
- Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sued for Wooing, Then, Deserting Boxer
- Nick Gordon Begs Permission to Attend Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral
- Bobbi Kristina’s Fam Feuding Over Planned Sweet 16-Themed Funeral?
- Wilson, Seahawks Agee to 4-Year, $87.5 Million Contract Extension
- Neechy Gospel: John P. Kee to Release New Project LEVEL NEXT
- Sophie Okonedo to Star in New BBC America Series ‘Undercover’
- Evan Ross, Ashlee Simpson Welcome Baby Girl
- Missy Elliott Reportedly Joins ‘The Voice’ Season 9 as a Mentor
- Dylann Roof Enters 33 ‘Not Guilty’ Pleas in Federal Court
- Unauthorized Beyoncé Bio to Reveal Inside Deets on 'SolangeGate'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here