*Oh boy! We might get a dose of secrets (or not) from former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice because she just signed a three-book deal with Crown Publishers.
And guess what’s first? A memoir of her times under the Bush administration.
“Rice will combine candid narrative and acute analysis to tell the story of her time in the White House and as America’s top diplomat, and her role in protecting American security and shaping foreign policy during the extraordinary period from 2001-2009,” according to a statement issued Sunday by Crown, a division of Random House Inc. Crown also published then-Sen. Barack Obama‘s “The Audacity of Hope.”
And how much is she getting paid for all of this? ‘Round about $.2.5 million.
The other two books fans can look forward to are memoirs of her family – an adult version and youth version.
According to the Associated Press, her family memoir, according to Crown, will tell of her “upbringing in the context of the extraordinary efforts made by her parents and other people in the community to raise children against a backdrop of fading Jim Crow laws and emergent civil rights initiatives.”
- Bree Newsome Reveals Reason Behind Removing the Confederate Flag
- LA Mayor Garcetti Finally Agrees to Meet with Black Lives Matter Activists (Dramatic Video)
- Compton Mayor Invites Submissions for 'Compton Champions' Awards
- THE (07-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Photos: Usher and Miguel Host 5th Post BET Awards Party [Look: Photo Gallery]
- Fantasia Reunites With Husband, Faces Tax Lien
- Doctors Warn of Health Risks from Wearing Skinny Jeans
- Eva Longoria to Donald Trump: ‘You Must Expect a Backlash’ (Watch)
- Warrant Issued for Florida State QB De’Andre Johnson
- K. Michelle Comes for SWV’s Coko; Tamar Gets Memed Over BET Performance
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here