EURweb extends heartfelt condolences to actress/producer Fay Hauser-Price on the loss of her mother, Lois Elizabeth Brown Hauser, February 20th at age 94. Her obituary tells of a wonderful person who lived a full and productive life, and whose work ethic obviously was instilled in daughter Fay who has a vast list of actor role credits including ‘Roots: The Next Generation’ and ‘Jo Jo Dancer’ which starred Richard Pryor. She is also married to Louis Price, former lead singer of The Temptations. Following is a brief detail of Mother Hauser’s life:
Lois Elizabeth Brown Hauser was born July 17, 1918 in Winston-Salem, NC, the daughter of Gladys Mae Brown and Butler Nesby. She married Charlie Brady Hauser and they were blessed with two daughters, Fay Elizabeth Hauser-Price of Van Nuys, CA and Lois Patricia “Peaches” Hauser Golding of Bristol, England.
She attended the Winston-Salem City Schools and graduated from Winston-Salem Teachers College with a B.S. Degree in 1940. She earned a Masters Degree from NC A & T State University in 1961 with additional study at Duquesne University in Pittsburg, PA.
Her career included 31 years of teaching in the Henry Training Elementary Schools in Martinsville, VA, the Ninth Avenue Elementary School in Hendersonville, NC, the Highland Elementary School in Spartanburg, SC, the Fairfax Elementary School in Fairfax, SC, and the Cook Elementary, Kimberly Park Elementary, Brown Elementary and Rural Hall Elementary Schools in the Winston-Salem, NC Public School System.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- LTC Eddie Smith Congratulates 100 Black Men Mentee of the Year
- THE (06-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Awards Winners List
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here