*Daija Owens, the teen actress who just wrapped a run on Showtime’s “Shameless,” has joined NBC’s comedy pilot “Brenda Forever,” according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Ellie Kemper (“The Office”) stars in the show, interweaves stories from Brenda Miller’s past and present to give a unique portrait of how the chubby, awkward, but incredibly confident 13-year-old grew up to be a 31-year-old woman, who still marches to the beat of her own drum.
Owens, who starred in NBC’s short-lived comedy “Best Friends Forever,” will play a young Pearl Gardner, Brenda’s best friend. Never seen without Skittles or Pez, Pearl is self-effacing and doesn’t put up a fuss when things don’t go her way. Da’vine Joy Randolph plays the adult version.
“MadTV’s” Stephnie Weir co-stars.
- Jesse Jackson Blasts Twitter for Lack of Black and Minority Employees
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- Dwyane Wade Resigns with the Miami Heat.
- Red, White, and Bruised: Decades of Mistreatment Spark Anti-Patriotic Outrage Among Black Americans
- Charlene Crowell: SCOTUS Ruling Preserves Key Fair Housing Tool
- THE (07-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The Pulse of Entertainment: It’s the Beginning of a new era for the 'Terminator' Franchise with 'Terminator Genisys'
- Jason Derulo Channels King of Pop in New 'Cheyenne' Video - WATCH
- Diddy Won't be Prosecuted by DA for UCLA Altercation with Coach
- Karrueche Tran Reveals Her Father is Gay
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here