*Daija Owens, the teen actress who just wrapped a run on Showtime’s “Shameless,” has joined NBC’s comedy pilot “Brenda Forever,” according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Ellie Kemper (“The Office”) stars in the show, interweaves stories from Brenda Miller’s past and present to give a unique portrait of how the chubby, awkward, but incredibly confident 13-year-old grew up to be a 31-year-old woman, who still marches to the beat of her own drum.
Owens, who starred in NBC’s short-lived comedy “Best Friends Forever,” will play a young Pearl Gardner, Brenda’s best friend. Never seen without Skittles or Pez, Pearl is self-effacing and doesn’t put up a fuss when things don’t go her way. Da’vine Joy Randolph plays the adult version.
“MadTV’s” Stephnie Weir co-stars.
- Who T-Pain, Vic Mensa & A$AP Rocky Wanna Collab With (WATCH)
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- O.J. Simpson Fuming: Women Have Stopped Sending Him Commissary Money
- Gospel Sensation Naomi B Releases New Single, ‘Break Free’ (LISTEN)
- White Police Chief Gets Home Detention for Killing Unarmed Black Man
- Casting Complete for Brandy’s New BET Series ‘Zoe Ever After’
- Rosie O’Donnell Checks Elisabeth Hasselbeck for Calling #BlackLivesMatter a Hate Group
- Perspective on Harris Co. Deputy's Death by Project 21 Member Who Served with Him
- RHOA Fight: Cynthia Bailey Kicked Porsha Williams in the Stomach (Report)
- James Bond Author Now ‘Sorry’ for Calling Idris Elba ‘Too Street’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here