*Daija Owens, the teen actress who just wrapped a run on Showtime’s “Shameless,” has joined NBC’s comedy pilot “Brenda Forever,” according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Ellie Kemper (“The Office”) stars in the show, interweaves stories from Brenda Miller’s past and present to give a unique portrait of how the chubby, awkward, but incredibly confident 13-year-old grew up to be a 31-year-old woman, who still marches to the beat of her own drum.
Owens, who starred in NBC’s short-lived comedy “Best Friends Forever,” will play a young Pearl Gardner, Brenda’s best friend. Never seen without Skittles or Pez, Pearl is self-effacing and doesn’t put up a fuss when things don’t go her way. Da’vine Joy Randolph plays the adult version.
“MadTV’s” Stephnie Weir co-stars.
- Aretha Franklin: The Queen Rules L.A. - Review by Miki Turner
- The Weeknd Close to Reaching Plea Deal in Cop Hitting Case
- 'Silly' is How Ben Carson Sees the ‘Black Lives Matter’ Movement
- Chicago Man Wrongly Imprisoned for 17 Years, Shot Dead at Home (WATCH)
- Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Funeral Filled with Family, Music and Spirituality
- Teddy Pendergrass, Angie Stone Team For Posthumous ‘Love TKO’ Duet (LISTEN)
- Is the Media Still on that 'Make Black People Look Bad' Thing?
- THE (08-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here