*Daija Owens, the teen actress who just wrapped a run on Showtime’s “Shameless,” has joined NBC’s comedy pilot “Brenda Forever,” according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Ellie Kemper (“The Office”) stars in the show, interweaves stories from Brenda Miller’s past and present to give a unique portrait of how the chubby, awkward, but incredibly confident 13-year-old grew up to be a 31-year-old woman, who still marches to the beat of her own drum.
Owens, who starred in NBC’s short-lived comedy “Best Friends Forever,” will play a young Pearl Gardner, Brenda’s best friend. Never seen without Skittles or Pez, Pearl is self-effacing and doesn’t put up a fuss when things don’t go her way. Da’vine Joy Randolph plays the adult version.
“MadTV’s” Stephnie Weir co-stars.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Radio Stations Nationwide to Simulcast Prince’s ‘Nothing Compares 2 U’ on Wed
- Woman Stabs Boyfriend For Not Getting Her a Valentine’s Gift (Video)
- Attorney for Prince's Addiction Specialist Explains Pills Found in His Medical Bag (Watch)
- Cynthia Bailey, Stacey Dash Cast in Syfy’s ‘Sharknado: The 4th Awakens’
- Lee Daniels Writes Apology Letter to Sean Penn, Ending Defamation Suit
- Kanye West Reportedly Fired Security Guard for Trying to Talk to His Wife
- Prince Being Added to Apollo Theater’s Walk of Fame
- Jay Z To Tell ‘His Side ’ of Beyonce Marriage in New Album (Report)
- Heartbreaking: Teen Bullied on Social Media Over Her Prom Photo
- Lawrence Adjah, Founder of Our Family Dinner, Seeks to Re-Connect Millennials
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here