*In recent times, there aren’t many people that can say they have had a job more than five years. The days of having jobs more than half your life is a thing of the past.
Captain Calvin “Cal” Flanigan is a member of the elite club of individuals that can say that they’ve had their job nearly 50 years.
As soon as Captain Cal turned 65, at midnight on Friday, he went into mandatory retirement after 45 years of service. But, his accomplishment has even more significance because he has never missed a day of work during that time, according to Fox 5 Atlanta.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Nigga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Wilmore's 'My Nigga' to Obama Gets Black Twitter Approval, But not Najee Ali
- Aisha Tyler: African-American Teens Must 'Be Brave' About College
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here