*In recent times, there aren’t many people that can say they have had a job more than five years. The days of having jobs more than half your life is a thing of the past.
Captain Calvin “Cal” Flanigan is a member of the elite club of individuals that can say that they’ve had their job nearly 50 years.
As soon as Captain Cal turned 65, at midnight on Friday, he went into mandatory retirement after 45 years of service. But, his accomplishment has even more significance because he has never missed a day of work during that time, according to Fox 5 Atlanta.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Watch: Hundreds Gather to Support Wealthy Black Family Victimized by 'Hate Crime'
- 'Concrete Park' Collides with 'Blokhedz' at Harvard University
- Yodovo.com Encourages Blacks: Be Loud, Black and Proud
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here