*Demetria Lucas, author of A Belle in Brooklyn: The Go-to Girl for Advice on Living Your Best Single Life (Atria Books), is known for her savvy in the realm of romance. Now, the enterprising journalist and relationship coach is tapping into an additional need among her audience, with many women not only wanting counsel on matters of the heart but on professional development.
BlackEnterprise.com caught up with Lucas as she expands her brand with “Conversations with Belle,” adding career coaching to the mix to provide women on-the-go advice– conveniently via the Web—on professional development and purpose.
BlackEnterprise.com: You’re most known as a relationship coach. Why were you inspired to add career coaching to the mix?
Lucas: Maybe two years ago, I was in the midst of promoting my book, and I started a Form Spring account, and it turned out people had lots of questions about dating and relationships and the other part was career. People wanted to know how I turned from a journalist to a blogger to an author and built a brand and they had a lot of questions about getting started in a career. I thought it was a natural transition to begin offering career advice.
Read more at BE
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- He Used to Walk 21-Miles to Work, Now He Drives & is Overweight
- Malcolm Jamal Warner on Ride-Or-Die Friendship Between OJ and AC (Exclusive)
- Master P Sued Over Failure to Deliver Snoop Dogg in Dubai
- Grammys: Ice Cube & Son to Present; Miguel to Sing 'She's Out Of My Life'
- Yolanda Adams Added to Fox’s Live Musical ‘The Passion’
- Lance Stephenson Drags Ex K. Michelle Over ‘Down in the DM’ Remix
- Cleveland Rescinds $500 ER Bill Sent to Tamir Rice’s Family
- Not a Good Cop Look: Ex-Sheriff, Lee Baca, Admits Guilt in False Statements
- Woman Accusing Chris Brown of Battery Files Lawsuit
- Wife of Thunder Asst. Coach Monty Williams Dies in Car Crash
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here