*Demetria Lucas, author of A Belle in Brooklyn: The Go-to Girl for Advice on Living Your Best Single Life (Atria Books), is known for her savvy in the realm of romance. Now, the enterprising journalist and relationship coach is tapping into an additional need among her audience, with many women not only wanting counsel on matters of the heart but on professional development.
BlackEnterprise.com caught up with Lucas as she expands her brand with “Conversations with Belle,” adding career coaching to the mix to provide women on-the-go advice– conveniently via the Web—on professional development and purpose.
BlackEnterprise.com: You’re most known as a relationship coach. Why were you inspired to add career coaching to the mix?
Lucas: Maybe two years ago, I was in the midst of promoting my book, and I started a Form Spring account, and it turned out people had lots of questions about dating and relationships and the other part was career. People wanted to know how I turned from a journalist to a blogger to an author and built a brand and they had a lot of questions about getting started in a career. I thought it was a natural transition to begin offering career advice.
Read more at BE
- Jill Scott Set to Perform Live on ABC's 'GMA' Tuesday at 7 AM
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Funeral to be Held This Week; Family Source Says She Will Be Buried Near Her Mother Whitney Houston
- Derek Luke Slams Instagram Trolls, Defends Interracial Marriage
- Bill Cosby Story Triggers Hacker Attack on New York Magazine Website
- Sandra Bland Co-Inmate Certain Suicide is Cause of Death
- Anthony Davis Turned Down 'DWTS' Because, 'I Can't Dance'
- Dionne Warwick Says Bobbi Kristina, 'In Much Better Hands Now’
- Celebrities React to Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Death
- Ice-T and Coco Are Gonna Have A Baby!
- Report: Joe Jackson Suffers Stroke/Blindness in Brazil
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here