*Unconventional former NBA star, Dennis Rodman caused a few waves when he decided to hang out with North Korea’s Kim Jong Un during his journey with VICE to Pyongyang to watch the Harlem Globetrotters.
The leader and the colorful American cross dresser hung out at the palace, munching on sushi.
“You have a friend for life,” Rodman told Jong Un before a crowd of thousands at a gymnasium where they sat side by side, chatting as they watched players from North Korea and the U.S. play, reported Alex Detrick, a spokesman for the New York-based VICE media company, to The Associated Press.
The filming of a new weekly HBO series prompted the meeting. For this episode of the not yet revealed show, Rodman became the most high-profile American to meet the leader since he took over in December 2011.
Of course Rodman would visit during the height of tensions between both North Korea and the U.S. Two weeks ago, the private country conducted an underground nuclear test, in which American officials publicly expressed was a direct threat against the U.S.
VICE founder Shane Smith hopes the visit will diminish tensions between the countries.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (02-12-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Public Invited to Watch Kendrick Lamar Receive Key to the City of Compton
- Why Are (White) People Suddenly Afraid of Beyonce's Black Pride?
- Jada Pinkett-Smith Addresses Idris Elba's 'Beasts' Oscar Snub
- Aaron Neville Brings His Quintet to Santa Monica ... and Shares His 'True Story' With EURweb
- For My Animal Loving Friends, Check Out This Unlikely Pair! (Watch)
- Toronto Councillor Want Beyonce Investigated for Black Panther Ties
- He Used to Walk 21-Miles to Work, Now He Drives & is Overweight
- Malcolm Jamal Warner on Ride-Or-Die Friendship Between OJ and AC (Exclusive)
- Master P Sued Over Failure to Deliver Snoop Dogg in Dubai
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here