*Unconventional former NBA star, Dennis Rodman caused a few waves when he decided to hang out with North Korea’s Kim Jong Un during his journey with VICE to Pyongyang to watch the Harlem Globetrotters.
The leader and the colorful American cross dresser hung out at the palace, munching on sushi.
“You have a friend for life,” Rodman told Jong Un before a crowd of thousands at a gymnasium where they sat side by side, chatting as they watched players from North Korea and the U.S. play, reported Alex Detrick, a spokesman for the New York-based VICE media company, to The Associated Press.
The filming of a new weekly HBO series prompted the meeting. For this episode of the not yet revealed show, Rodman became the most high-profile American to meet the leader since he took over in December 2011.
Of course Rodman would visit during the height of tensions between both North Korea and the U.S. Two weeks ago, the private country conducted an underground nuclear test, in which American officials publicly expressed was a direct threat against the U.S.
VICE founder Shane Smith hopes the visit will diminish tensions between the countries.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- TV One to Re-Air Original ‘Roots’; Louis Gossett Jr. Reminisces: ‘We Stopped the World’
- Parents of Bullied Boy Who Committed Suicide, Sue Florida School District
- Debbi Morgan to Play Toni Braxton’s Mom Evelyn in Lifetime Biopic; Full Cast Announced
- Wanda Sykes Cast in ABC's ‘Black-ish’, Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Gabrielle Union to Star in ‘A Meyers Christmas’ for Universal
- Matt Barnes Still Swears He Had Something With Rihanna: ‘I’m Too Grown to Lie’
- Damien Sneed Performs During International Breast Cancer Awareness Week in Spain
- Bobby Shurmda Denied Bail, Will Stay in Jail Until Feb Trial Date
- Kim Zolciak Returning to ‘DWTS’ for the Nov. Finale
- Cassi Davis, Stephen Bishop to Host NAASC Scholarship Brunch
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here