*Unconventional former NBA star, Dennis Rodman caused a few waves when he decided to hang out with North Korea’s Kim Jong Un during his journey with VICE to Pyongyang to watch the Harlem Globetrotters.
The leader and the colorful American cross dresser hung out at the palace, munching on sushi.
“You have a friend for life,” Rodman told Jong Un before a crowd of thousands at a gymnasium where they sat side by side, chatting as they watched players from North Korea and the U.S. play, reported Alex Detrick, a spokesman for the New York-based VICE media company, to The Associated Press.
The filming of a new weekly HBO series prompted the meeting. For this episode of the not yet revealed show, Rodman became the most high-profile American to meet the leader since he took over in December 2011.
Of course Rodman would visit during the height of tensions between both North Korea and the U.S. Two weeks ago, the private country conducted an underground nuclear test, in which American officials publicly expressed was a direct threat against the U.S.
VICE founder Shane Smith hopes the visit will diminish tensions between the countries.
- Whoa! Baltimore Sees 43 Homicides in July - A 43 Year Record for A Single Month
- Family Dynamics Cause Scare in Saturday's 'Flex & Shanice' (WATCH)
- Janet Jackson Continues Tour Rehearsal, Set to Perform at iHeartRadio Festival
- Lauryn Hill Performs Nina Simone’s ‘Feeling Good’ on ‘Fallon’ (Watch)
- Azealia Banks Shades Erykah Badu for Having Multiple Baby Daddies
- Teyonah Parris’ Hair Becomes Storyline for ‘Survivor’s Remorse’ Season 2
- Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sued for Wooing, Then, Deserting Boxer
- Nick Gordon Begs Permission to Attend Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral
- Bobbi Kristina’s Fam Feuding Over Planned Sweet 16-Themed Funeral?
- Wilson, Seahawks Agee to 4-Year, $87.5 Million Contract Extension
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here