*Derek Luke has landed a co-starring role opposite Jason Lee in the CBS drama pilot “Second Sight,” according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Based on the British series, the story is described as a gothic psychological thriller about Det. Ross Tanner (Lee), the lead detective with the New Orleans Police Department who is suddenly is afflicted with an autoimmune virus that causes hallucinations reflective of his subconscious. He discovers that catching a killer depends as much on insight as eyesight.
Luke will play Det. Paul Giroux, a new member of Tanner’s team, who is after Tanner’s job. Giroux is somewhat self-consciously hip, full of himself and consistently oversteps. He comes across as an eager-beaver know-it-all, trying to assert an authority that he hasn’t earned and doesn’t yet possess.
Kim Dickens, Erik Jensen and Madison Moellers co-star. “Homeland’s” Michael Cuesta will pen the drama alongside his brother, Gerald Cuesta.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- ‘Deadpool’ Off the Charts, ‘Single’ Suffers, and ‘Zoolander 2’ is Clueless
- Russell Simmons Announces All Def Movie Awards
- Aretha Franklin to Perform for First Time Ever in Windsor, Ontario, Canada
- LAUSD Whistleblower Protection - Does it Exist?
- Meryl Streep's 'We’re all African' Crazy Talk About Diversity
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Boot Campaign Honors Lieutenant Colonel Dr. Marie Walters
- Black History Month at ESPN: 'SportsCenter' at Hampton for Historic Lacrosse Match; ‘Rise Up’; ‘Spike Lee’s Lil Joints’; NBA's John Wall & Miyah
- ICYMI: POTUS on ‘Ellen’; Ruben & Fantasia on ‘American Idol’ (Watch)
- Review: American Masters: B.B. King: The Life Of Riley (Fri, Feb. 12, PBS)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here