*Derek Luke has landed a co-starring role opposite Jason Lee in the CBS drama pilot “Second Sight,” according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Based on the British series, the story is described as a gothic psychological thriller about Det. Ross Tanner (Lee), the lead detective with the New Orleans Police Department who is suddenly is afflicted with an autoimmune virus that causes hallucinations reflective of his subconscious. He discovers that catching a killer depends as much on insight as eyesight.
Luke will play Det. Paul Giroux, a new member of Tanner’s team, who is after Tanner’s job. Giroux is somewhat self-consciously hip, full of himself and consistently oversteps. He comes across as an eager-beaver know-it-all, trying to assert an authority that he hasn’t earned and doesn’t yet possess.
Kim Dickens, Erik Jensen and Madison Moellers co-star. “Homeland’s” Michael Cuesta will pen the drama alongside his brother, Gerald Cuesta.
- Detroit's ZanYe Digs Deep for Ballroom with Reboot of Four Tops Classic
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Cedric the Entertainer Hosts 3rd Annual Celebrity Golf Classic [Photos]
- Lorenzo Brown, Husband of Sister-2-Sister Publisher Jamie Brown, Dies of Cancer
- (The Black Hat) Serena Williams is a Winner, Not a Cover Girl
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here