*Derek Luke has landed a co-starring role opposite Jason Lee in the CBS drama pilot “Second Sight,” according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Based on the British series, the story is described as a gothic psychological thriller about Det. Ross Tanner (Lee), the lead detective with the New Orleans Police Department who is suddenly is afflicted with an autoimmune virus that causes hallucinations reflective of his subconscious. He discovers that catching a killer depends as much on insight as eyesight.
Luke will play Det. Paul Giroux, a new member of Tanner’s team, who is after Tanner’s job. Giroux is somewhat self-consciously hip, full of himself and consistently oversteps. He comes across as an eager-beaver know-it-all, trying to assert an authority that he hasn’t earned and doesn’t yet possess.
Kim Dickens, Erik Jensen and Madison Moellers co-star. “Homeland’s” Michael Cuesta will pen the drama alongside his brother, Gerald Cuesta.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Deon Cole of ‘Black-ish’ Scores Standup Special on Comedy Central
- Bill Cosby Accuser Drops Defamation Lawsuit, But Still 'In Solidarity' With Alleged Victims
- Trolls Trying to Insult Steph Curry's 3-Year-Old Daughter Mistakenly Tweet Grown Man (See His Response)
- Larenz Tate, Mike Colter Join Queen Latifah’s ‘Girl Trip’
- TV Academy Sues Over Whitney Houston's Illegal Emmy Auction
- While Supreme Court Guts 4th Amendment, Black America left hypnotized by the NBA and Lebron James
- Mahershala Ali: The 'Free State of Jones' Interview with Kam Williams
- R. Kelly’s Ex-Wife Drea Takes Twerking to a New Level...And In a Floor Length Skirt (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here