*Last weekend (March 1-3) the Traveling Guitar Foundation, along with Van Taylor Productions and the Jaris Reed Group conducted music and film workshops for secondary school students in Antigua. The programs were sponsored by BulLion Entertainment in conjunction with the Naniki Caribbean Jazz Safari Festival series.
Soul/blues rocker Derek McKeith and his trio opened the second show of the festival at Antigua’s Shirley Heights outdoor venue. McKeith (Director, West Coast School Programs, Traveling Guitar Foundation) also hosted the musicians’ workshop with Tim Webb, Van Taylor, and Anre’ DaCosta (Director of Business Development, TGF), The program included a presentation of brand new acoustic and electric guitars to four schools. The instruments were donated by TGF Founder Damon Marks, Schecter Guitars and BulLion Entertainment.
Speaking of Derek McKeith. Here’s what writer/reviewer Kyle Christian of the Observer Media Group had to say:
“A true entertainer, he ventured off the stage to serenade the audience directly. He entertained the crowd with his interpretation of Michael Jackson’s ‘Rock with You,’ complete with MJ-esque dance moves and high-pitched vocals.”
Check out the full review here: http://www.antiguaobserver.com/?p=88792
- LAPD on #100days100nights: 'Things Have Calmed Down'
- Tami Roman Reveals Health Issues Causing Pregnancy Woes
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Adds Megachurch Drama Series 'Greenleaf'
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- NBC Reportedly Close to Signing Beyonce for ‘The Wiz Live’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here