*Don Cheadle has a little love jones going on at his Showtime gig “House of Lies.”
Currently in its second season and renewed for a third in January, the series follows a group of cutthroat management consultants who close deals by any means necessary, and for the most amount of money possible.
Cheadle plays Marty Kaan, the ethics-challenged ace of consulting firm Galweather & Stearn. Jeannie (Kristen Bell), Clyde (Ben Schwartz) and Doug (Josh Lawson) are his loyal posse; all experts at shoveling BS to companies that hire them for damage control or emergency image enhancement.
Larenz Tate and Nia Long, who singed the big screen as lovers in 1997’s “Love Jones,” are bringing a different kind of fire to Marty Kaan this season in guest starring turns.
“Larenz plays sort of a prodigal son, my brother, who at varying times has been dad’s favorite. So that’s a real source of tension between us,” says Cheadle. “And Nia Long comes in and plays one of the newest members of Galweather & Stearn, a hotshot manager who’s sort of been out of the game for a minute. And we have a past. Went to business school together. [It] sort of becomes a triangle situation between Nia’s character and Kristen’s and my character.”
Below, Cheadle, who also serves as a producer on the series, says wearing two hats doesn’t necessarily mean double the stress.
Watch the season 2 premiere of “House of Lies” below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here