*Dwayne Johnson says his upcoming “G.I. Joe” sequel will get back to basics – giving serious fans of the toy franchise that plastic, green Army men feel that he claims was missing in the first live action version released in 2009.
“The first “G.I. Joe” came out, made a lot of money but we all collectively felt that there was a better movie to be made,” the actor told us during roundtables for the film. “As we know, sequels can be tricky, so when you take a crack at them, not only are you taking a crack at a sequel, but it also is our opportunity to re-launch and reboot; reignite and do it the right way.
“We’re gonna remove the lasers, we’re gonna remove the slickness of it and get back to respecting the mythology of G.I. Joe. Add some new blood and we’re off to the races.”
In “Retaliation,” Johnson joins the cast as Roadblock, who teams up with Lady Jaye (Adrianne Palicki), Flint (D.J. Cotrona), Snake Eyes (Ray Park), Jinx (Elodie Yung) and General Joseph Colton, the “original” G.I. Joe (Bruce Willis), to stop Cobra Commander (Luke Bracey) from implementing his plan to eliminate the world’s nuclear weapons – paving the way for his COBRA outfit to take over the world.
Below, Johnson – who has earned a small fortune in both action thrillers and family comedies – says his success in both genres was all part of his plan to take over Hollywood.
“G.I. Joe: Retaliation” opens in theaters on March 28. Watch a vignette on Roadblock below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here