*Earth Wind & Fire, Charlie Wilson, New Edition, Najee, Mary Mary and Rachelle Ferrell are lined up to take the stage for the Miami Gardens’ 8th annual two-day “Jazz in the Gardens” music festival at Sun Life Stadium in Florida.
And that’s just for starters.
The two day festival happens March 16 and 17, 2013 and this year, the presenting sponsor is UPTOWN Magazine, a national brand known for celebrating the luxury lifestyle of professional and influential urban consumers. Michael Baisden, the nationally syndicated radio personality known for his love of great entertainment, has joined the line up as the festival’s host.
Jazz in the Gardens success is attributed to the list of legends that grace the stage each year. Add to that the incredible food, affordable tickets and Miami Gardens’ amazing March weather. For the past seven years, the festival has enjoyed unprecedented growth with consistent increases in attendance. More than 50,000 music lovers from the Caribbean, United States and all overFlorida attended the 2012 festival.
“This is the 8th year of Jazz in the Gardens and we’re hitting our stride. We want to make this the best entertainment experience anyone could ever attend in the U.S. It’s gonna be an all the way live weekend,” said Miami Gardens Mayor Oliver Gilbert. “And with our first round of performers, I’m very thrilled with this show already and there are more acts to announce! Once the full lineup is revealed, this will be the best festival we’ve ever had.”
The 2012 “Jazz in the Gardens” featured performances from legendary artists including Mary J. Blige, Jill Scott, Patti LaBelle, KEM, Kenny G, Doug E. Fresh, Kevin Eubanks, Ramsey Lewis and Nicole Henry. Previous years have included celebrated artists such as Erykah Badu, John Legend, Robin Thicke, the late Teena Marie, Wyclef, Babyface, Frankie Beverly and Maze, Chaka Khan, Chrisette Michele, Common, Anthony Hamilton, Ms. Lauryn Hill, Al Jarreau, Gladys Knight, The Isley Brothers, EnVogue, Lalah Hathaway, Branford Marsalis and Roy Ayers.
For more information about the 8th Annual “Jazz in the Gardens,” music festival, call the general hotline at (877) 640-5299 or visit www.jazzinthegardens.com.
- Family Dynamics Cause Scare in Saturday's 'Flex & Shanice' (WATCH)
- Janet Jackson Continues Tour Rehearsal, Set to Perform at iHeartRadio Festival
- Lauryn Hill Performs Nina Simone’s ‘Feeling Good’ on ‘Fallon’ (Watch)
- Azealia Banks Shades Erykah Badu for Having Multiple Baby Daddies
- Teyonah Parris’ Hair Becomes Storyline for ‘Survivor’s Remorse’ Season 2
- Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sued for Wooing, Then, Deserting Boxer
- Nick Gordon Begs Permission to Attend Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral
- Bobbi Kristina’s Fam Feuding Over Planned Sweet 16-Themed Funeral?
- Wilson, Seahawks Agee to 4-Year, $87.5 Million Contract Extension
- Neechy Gospel: John P. Kee to Release New Project LEVEL NEXT
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here