*Pastor Jamal H. Bryant of Empowerment Temple AME Church in Baltimore, Md., says that Ebony magazine has apologized after he openly rebuked the African-American publication for reporting a rumor that the charismatic minister had impregnated a 17-year-old member of his congregation in 2007, says the Christian Post.
Bryant, 41, had taken the magazine to task in an open letter and said that “a hole” had been left in his heart after the rumor was published in the “Scandalous!” section of Ebony’s March 2013 issue, which hit newsstands earlier this month.
“Thankfully Ebony magazine expressed a verbal apology as well as a written statement of clarification – which Dr. Bryant has accepted,” Nicole S. Kirby, Pastor Bryant’s public relations director, shared on Monday with the Christian Post.
Read the full story here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- No Biggie. White House Shrugs off Recent N-word Controversy
- The Socialist's Journal: 'Meternity Leave'
- Meet the Black Businessman Giving Ex-Cons, Veterans, and Homeless Support for Success
- THE (05-03-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ringside Update/Ortiz vs Berto II The Second Chapter
- Johnny Gill Says New Album to Accompany New Edition Biopic
- Bobby Shmurda to Sue NYPD Over False Arrest & Gun Charges
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Moya Angela: Dreamgirls' 'Effie' Speaks Exclusively to EURweb
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here