*Pastor Jamal H. Bryant of Empowerment Temple AME Church in Baltimore, Md., says that Ebony magazine has apologized after he openly rebuked the African-American publication for reporting a rumor that the charismatic minister had impregnated a 17-year-old member of his congregation in 2007, says the Christian Post.
Bryant, 41, had taken the magazine to task in an open letter and said that “a hole” had been left in his heart after the rumor was published in the “Scandalous!” section of Ebony’s March 2013 issue, which hit newsstands earlier this month.
“Thankfully Ebony magazine expressed a verbal apology as well as a written statement of clarification – which Dr. Bryant has accepted,” Nicole S. Kirby, Pastor Bryant’s public relations director, shared on Monday with the Christian Post.
Read the full story here.
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Michael Gordon Bennett Calls Himself America's Whitest Black Kid
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here