*Pastor Jamal H. Bryant of Empowerment Temple AME Church in Baltimore, Md., says that Ebony magazine has apologized after he openly rebuked the African-American publication for reporting a rumor that the charismatic minister had impregnated a 17-year-old member of his congregation in 2007, says the Christian Post.
Bryant, 41, had taken the magazine to task in an open letter and said that “a hole” had been left in his heart after the rumor was published in the “Scandalous!” section of Ebony’s March 2013 issue, which hit newsstands earlier this month.
“Thankfully Ebony magazine expressed a verbal apology as well as a written statement of clarification – which Dr. Bryant has accepted,” Nicole S. Kirby, Pastor Bryant’s public relations director, shared on Monday with the Christian Post.
Read the full story here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Tracy Morgan Says God Spoke to Him After Crash: ‘I Went to the Other Side’
- Mariah Carey Celebrates Christmas, Talks Motherhood/Co-Parenting with Steve Harvey
- Ex Cowboys RB Joseph Randle Arrested at Kansas Casino
- Vain or Not? Diddy Stays Youthful With Wrinkle-Free Method (Watch)
- ‘Creed’s Ryan Coogler and Tessa Thompson Reveal Their Favorite ‘Rocky’ Film
- Court Denies Sherri Shepherd’s Appeal to Stop Child Support Payments
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here