*An 18-year-old student at the University of Texas San Antonio just won $20,000 from CoverGirl in a model search that culminated on Thursday’s “Ellen DeGeneres Show.”
“I’m definitely going to use it to support the SMILE Movement,” said Alexis Harris of her winnings. “And we’re going to use the money to give back to different local organizations: Haven for Hope, different groups locally.”
DeGeneres set up a mock press conference on the show to announce Harris as the winner. She sat visibly stunned in the audience, and flipped out when Ellen ushered out her family to view her competition entry video.
Harris started a local non-profit to help the needy. Ellen said Alexis has accomplished more than most adults, making her the perfect winner.
Watch a local news report below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Serena Williams Confesses She Was Sore After Twerking For Beyonce
- 'Natural' Black Bride Goes Viral - The Game Taunts Chris Brown
- Glam-Horror 'The Neon Demon' is a 'Celebration of Narcissism'
- Óscar Jaenada Says 'The Shallows' Set to 'Become A Classic’ [EUR Exclusive]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here