*An 18-year-old student at the University of Texas San Antonio just won $20,000 from CoverGirl in a model search that culminated on Thursday’s “Ellen DeGeneres Show.”
“I’m definitely going to use it to support the SMILE Movement,” said Alexis Harris of her winnings. “And we’re going to use the money to give back to different local organizations: Haven for Hope, different groups locally.”
DeGeneres set up a mock press conference on the show to announce Harris as the winner. She sat visibly stunned in the audience, and flipped out when Ellen ushered out her family to view her competition entry video.
Harris started a local non-profit to help the needy. Ellen said Alexis has accomplished more than most adults, making her the perfect winner.
Watch a local news report below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Drake Says New Album 'Views' Sold 630,000 Copies in One Night!
- Lakers Announce Luke Walton as New Head Coach
- John Wayne's Ultra-Racist Views of African Americans Ran Deep
- Parking Lot Crowded, Can't Locate Your Car? Meet 'Zus'
- Draya Michele's Post-Baby Body - Richard Sherman Pranks Himself
- You Can Purchase 'Boycott Beyoncé' Shirts at 'Formation' Tour
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here