*Ah, television pilot season – one of our favorite times of the year.
It’s the time where we can gaze at the list of shows coming out and say to ourselves, “Wow, he’s got a television show? I hope he does well…” This season coming up will have more than its share of promising pilots with some of our favorite African-American actors.
Of course, most of these shows will probably flop; that’s just life in this television business. That doesn’t mean we can’t wish them well, though!
Here are some of the most promising entries for this season:
- – For years, J.B. Smoove‘s been one of the funniest bit characters on television as the incredibly foul-mouthed Leon on Curb Your Enthusiasm. He gets a chance at even more stardom in a new CBS pilot that co-stars two hysterical television veterans – Will Arnett from Arrested Development and Mary Elizabeth Ellis from It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
- – David Harewood was one of the best parts of Showtime’s sometimes-overwrought Homeland. He heads back to television with the CBS show Anatomy of Violence, starring as the boss of a celebrated criminal profiler. The show is from the former 24 and Homeland creators – so it’s guaranteed to be watchable, at least.
- – Rockmond Dunbar made an indelible impact during the last season of Sons of Anarchy as a local sheriff. He can have a true breakout in the new drama Doubt on ABC– created by David Shore of House fame – as the police officer best friend of the ex-cop lead character.
- – Who are you gonna call? Well, Ernie Hudson, for one. The Ghostbusters alum had a showy TV role on Oz for years as the prison warden; his new series gig promises to be a lot less graphic. He’s in another veteran role in the new ABC conspiracy drama Reckless.
- – The one we’re really excited about? David Alan Grier‘s return to TV. Years and years after In Living Color (that seems like a long time ago, right?) he’ll co-star in the CBS small-screen adaptation of the big-screen movie Bad Teacher. It’ll probably work a lot better on television than in the theaters.
- – Another sketch comedy veteran, Tim Meadows, returns to television with The Gabriels, a Fox family-of-fish-out-of-water comedy series that co-stars the hysterical Rob Riggle and Angela Kinsey of The Office .
- Neighbors Watch in Horror as Two Girls Jump from Burning Building
- Watch FSU QB De’Andre Johnson PUNCH Woman in Face; Gets Released
- EUR Speaks with Kem, Lalah Hathaway & Dee-1 At 2015 Essence Festival (WATCH)
- Beyoncé Video Inspires Curvy 68 Story Australian Skyscraper
- Turner's Two Cents: Obama Did Not Call Immigrants Gangbangers
- $2 Million Lawsuit Filed Against Former NBA Player Tyrone Hill
- Chicago’s Tragic, Unending 4th of July Gun Violence Ritual Continues
- The Socialist's Journal: The Peril of Being Hillary Clinton
- Gunshots Damage 3 Luxury Cars At Studio Connected with Rick Ross
- THE (07-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here