She told HipHollywood.com that she’s feeling a fusion will be a better fit for her musical talents and interests.
“I’m doing something different. I call it Rock-Soul,” she said. “I love music. I grew up on good music, not only just R&B artists. I grew up on Elton John, Aerosmith, Queen, Billy Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald, all of these different types of music. So, I feel like I don’t want to be boxed in anymore on just one type of music.”
The transition could be easy for her, given her Gospel/R&B style. Though she has a really high-pitched voice that for some can get annoying, she still has this ability to reach down into the depths of a soul and touch somebody, like they do in church.
Fantasia said she’s gleaning to the path Tina Turner took as a singer – from Soul to Rock.
“I love the fact that Tina Turner, when she first came out, everybody loved her. She’s always soul, but she took a different direction, and I felt like that was her passion and where her heart was at. So, for me, that’s where my heart is. I’m going to follow it,” said Fantasia.
She’s hoping to release the new album in March.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Great Beginnings Hosts: 'It Takes a Village' to Celebrate Healthy Babies, Friday May 27
- THE (05-25-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Report: Tamar's Attitude Towards ('The Real') Producers Did Her in
- Ringside Update / A Triple Boxing Championship Weekend
- Soulja Boy Exaggerated $400M Payday from World Poker Fund
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here