*Amidst an illegal-gambling scandal, Florida Lt. Gov. Jennifer Carroll announced her resignation, giving no explanation.
Officials have arrested 57 people in connection to the scheme. According to a spokesperson for governor Rick Scott, she was questioned by the state’s law enforcement, regarding her work with Allied Veterans of the World, a non-profit charity that aids veterans.
“Lt. Gov. Jennifer Carroll consulted for Allied Veterans while serving as a member of the Florida House of Representatives in 2009 and 2010. She was interviewed by Florida Department of Law Enforcement officers regarding her work with the company,” he said. “Lt. Gov. Carroll resigned in an effort to keep her former affiliation with the company from distracting from the administration’s important work on behalf of Florida families. She made the right decision for the state and her family.”
On Wednesday, local Florida officials charged 57 people in connection to a $300 million conspiracy tied to Allied Veterans.
Carroll was the first African American elected to Florida’s statewide office.
Read more at CNN.
Watch this video report:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Rihanna Talks Casual Sex, Rachel Dolezal, Wanting to Change Chris Brown
- Health: You Could Possibly Have A Hidden Illness if Any of These Symptoms Show Up
- 27 Bill Cosby Accusers Set for NBC ‘Dateline’ Special (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton Taps Husband Vince for Emotional 'DWTS' Routine (Watch)
- F. Gary Gray in Talks to Direct ‘Fast and Furious 8’
- Wendy Williams Wants Terrence Howard Off 'Empire'; He Responds
- EUR On the Scene: The 18th Annual First Ladies High Tea (WATCH)
- Iyanla Vanzant Gets Real as Woman Confronts Gay Pastor Husband
- Memo to Publisher McGraw-Hill: 'Slaves' Were Not 'Workers' (Watch)
- Tupac Planned to Kill ‘Thug Life’ Via 'Thug Life is Dead' Letter
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here