*Amidst an illegal-gambling scandal, Florida Lt. Gov. Jennifer Carroll announced her resignation, giving no explanation.
Officials have arrested 57 people in connection to the scheme. According to a spokesperson for governor Rick Scott, she was questioned by the state’s law enforcement, regarding her work with Allied Veterans of the World, a non-profit charity that aids veterans.
“Lt. Gov. Jennifer Carroll consulted for Allied Veterans while serving as a member of the Florida House of Representatives in 2009 and 2010. She was interviewed by Florida Department of Law Enforcement officers regarding her work with the company,” he said. “Lt. Gov. Carroll resigned in an effort to keep her former affiliation with the company from distracting from the administration’s important work on behalf of Florida families. She made the right decision for the state and her family.”
On Wednesday, local Florida officials charged 57 people in connection to a $300 million conspiracy tied to Allied Veterans.
Carroll was the first African American elected to Florida’s statewide office.
Read more at CNN.
Watch this video report:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Gap Band Family Feud! Ronnie Wilson Sues Charlie Wilson
- Tracy Morgan Says God Spoke to Him After Crash: ‘I Went to the Other Side’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here