*Amidst an illegal-gambling scandal, Florida Lt. Gov. Jennifer Carroll announced her resignation, giving no explanation.
Officials have arrested 57 people in connection to the scheme. According to a spokesperson for governor Rick Scott, she was questioned by the state’s law enforcement, regarding her work with Allied Veterans of the World, a non-profit charity that aids veterans.
“Lt. Gov. Jennifer Carroll consulted for Allied Veterans while serving as a member of the Florida House of Representatives in 2009 and 2010. She was interviewed by Florida Department of Law Enforcement officers regarding her work with the company,” he said. “Lt. Gov. Carroll resigned in an effort to keep her former affiliation with the company from distracting from the administration’s important work on behalf of Florida families. She made the right decision for the state and her family.”
On Wednesday, local Florida officials charged 57 people in connection to a $300 million conspiracy tied to Allied Veterans.
Carroll was the first African American elected to Florida’s statewide office.
Read more at CNN.
Watch this video report:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ciara Files to Sue Future for $15 Million
- New Reports Puts When and How Much Porn Americans Watch on Blast
- Rudy Giuliani Accuses Beyoncé of Attacking Police with Super Bowl Performance
- THE (02-09-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ray J Issues Goes Legal on Ex-Business Partner Over Past Kim K Drama
- Beyoncé's Rep Responds to 'B.E.A.T.' Filmmakers 'Credit' Controversy
- What Should Society Do With An 11-Year-Old Murderer?
- Is This the REAL Reason Cam Walked Out of Press Conference? (WATCH)
- Misty Copeland's ‘Ballerina’s Tale’ Also Highlights the #BalletSoWhite Issue
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here