*Stevie Wonder is set to join Michael Jackson, Madonna, Fleetwood Mac and Britney Spears as artists who have had episodes in their honor on “Glee.”
According to Hollywood.com, executive producer Ryan Murphy is currently planning the tribute show, and says it’s something he’s been hoping to create since the beginning of the series.
“I think we’re going to do a big Stevie Wonder tribute toward the end of this year, which I’ve wanted to do for four years,” he says. “So that’s my big thing. He was my favorite when I was a kid.”
Murphy spilled the news Wednesday night at the Paley Center for Media, where he was honored with the inaugural PaleyFest Icon Award.
“Glee” fans have already been graced with one of Wonder’s songs in the past. Back in Season 2, Artie (Kevin McHale) used the classic ballad “Isn’t She Lovely” to serenade Brittany (Heather Morris) in home economics class as a way to apologize and simultaneously ask her to prom.
Even though Artie’s request was denied, the acoustic guitar-accompanied song was an instant iTunes hit.
- The Socialist's Journal: The Peril of Being Hillary Clinton
- Gunshots Damage 3 Luxury Cars At Studio Connected with Rick Ross
- THE (07-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The New Trailer for Universal Pictures’ 'Steve Jobs' has Just Debuted Online [Watch]
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here