*Stevie Wonder is set to join Michael Jackson, Madonna, Fleetwood Mac and Britney Spears as artists who have had episodes in their honor on “Glee.”
According to Hollywood.com, executive producer Ryan Murphy is currently planning the tribute show, and says it’s something he’s been hoping to create since the beginning of the series.
“I think we’re going to do a big Stevie Wonder tribute toward the end of this year, which I’ve wanted to do for four years,” he says. “So that’s my big thing. He was my favorite when I was a kid.”
Murphy spilled the news Wednesday night at the Paley Center for Media, where he was honored with the inaugural PaleyFest Icon Award.
“Glee” fans have already been graced with one of Wonder’s songs in the past. Back in Season 2, Artie (Kevin McHale) used the classic ballad “Isn’t She Lovely” to serenade Brittany (Heather Morris) in home economics class as a way to apologize and simultaneously ask her to prom.
Even though Artie’s request was denied, the acoustic guitar-accompanied song was an instant iTunes hit.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (06-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Awards Winners List
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here