*Stevie Wonder is set to join Michael Jackson, Madonna, Fleetwood Mac and Britney Spears as artists who have had episodes in their honor on “Glee.”
According to Hollywood.com, executive producer Ryan Murphy is currently planning the tribute show, and says it’s something he’s been hoping to create since the beginning of the series.
“I think we’re going to do a big Stevie Wonder tribute toward the end of this year, which I’ve wanted to do for four years,” he says. “So that’s my big thing. He was my favorite when I was a kid.”
Murphy spilled the news Wednesday night at the Paley Center for Media, where he was honored with the inaugural PaleyFest Icon Award.
“Glee” fans have already been graced with one of Wonder’s songs in the past. Back in Season 2, Artie (Kevin McHale) used the classic ballad “Isn’t She Lovely” to serenade Brittany (Heather Morris) in home economics class as a way to apologize and simultaneously ask her to prom.
Even though Artie’s request was denied, the acoustic guitar-accompanied song was an instant iTunes hit.
- Rachel Dolezal is Pregnant
- THE (09-02-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Nicki Minaj Wax Figure Getting Makeover After Fans Pressure Museum
- 'Selfish' Kardashians Being Sued Over Disruptive Fireworks Show
- Who T-Pain, Vic Mensa & A$AP Rocky Wanna Collab With (WATCH)
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- O.J. Simpson Fuming: Women Have Stopped Sending Him Commissary Money
- Gospel Sensation Naomi B Releases New Single, ‘Break Free’ (LISTEN)
- White Police Chief Gets Home Detention for Killing Unarmed Black Man
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here