*Stevie Wonder is set to join Michael Jackson, Madonna, Fleetwood Mac and Britney Spears as artists who have had episodes in their honor on “Glee.”
According to Hollywood.com, executive producer Ryan Murphy is currently planning the tribute show, and says it’s something he’s been hoping to create since the beginning of the series.
“I think we’re going to do a big Stevie Wonder tribute toward the end of this year, which I’ve wanted to do for four years,” he says. “So that’s my big thing. He was my favorite when I was a kid.”
Murphy spilled the news Wednesday night at the Paley Center for Media, where he was honored with the inaugural PaleyFest Icon Award.
“Glee” fans have already been graced with one of Wonder’s songs in the past. Back in Season 2, Artie (Kevin McHale) used the classic ballad “Isn’t She Lovely” to serenade Brittany (Heather Morris) in home economics class as a way to apologize and simultaneously ask her to prom.
Even though Artie’s request was denied, the acoustic guitar-accompanied song was an instant iTunes hit.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ludacris' Secret to Making it Rain and Having Good Skin (WATCH)
- LL Cool J Charms at ‘Hamilton' - Gabrielle Union Slams Hollywood
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Joy Reid to Take Over Melissa Harris Perry’s Former MSNBC Timeslots
- EUR on the Red Carpet with Key and Peele's New Funny Flick, 'Keanu' (Watch)
- Larry Wilmore on Hosting Final WHCD Under Obama: ‘I’m Very Nervous’
- Beyonce’s Protégé Duo Chloe x Halle Premiere EP ‘Sugar Symphony’ (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here