*Got a song and a dream to get it published for the masses?
Would you like to have it analyzed by professionals? Then look no further than SongChemistry.com.
Co-founder/Senior Vice President Michael R. Crump along with partner Travis Williams started Musical Concepts in 2006, and Song Chemistry is one of many components of their line of musical products.
They are concerned about the long-term effect of artists ‘dumbing down’ their talent and sound. They’re concerned about future artists ‘lacking the knowledge of chord progression, clever lyrics, songs playing in key, song structure, and the ability to identify [real] instruments.’ Music classes that were once part of the public school curriculum are virtually non-existent.
In an article written by Ann Brown that recently appeared in The Network Journal, Crump says, “In the ‘80s, underground music still existed but the difference was we had a great balance with mainstream music like Anita Baker, Culture Club, Michael Jackson, Cyndi Lauper, etc. With our product Song Chemistry, we are attempting to teach all kinds of music producers and listeners to understand and appreciate the similarities and differences in today’s and yesterday’s music.”
Read the full article at TNJ.com.
For background on Michael R. Crump and Travis Williams go to Your Black World.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Anthony Anderson Inks Multi-Year Deal With NAACP Image Awards
- Business Owners Combine To Launch Innovative Approach to 'Buy Black' Movement
- 2 Chainz’s #IsThisYoThot? Lawsuit Thrown Out by Judge
- Daniel ‘Boobie’ Gibson Reacts to Keyshia Cole’s Engagement Tweet (Pic)
- Photo of Dog With Mouth Taped Shut on Facebook, Leads to Arrest of NC Woman
- Donovan McNabb Begins 18-Day Jail Sentence in Arizona
- If You Missed it, Here's the Soul Train Awards Babyface Tribute (WATCH)
- 50 Cent Still Hasn’t Paid $7M Judgment to Rick Ross’ Baby Mother
- Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel Fires Police Supt. Garry McCarthy
- Taraji P. Henson, Janelle Monae, Laila Ali Join Alicia Keys Charity as Ambassadors
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here