*Got a song and a dream to get it published for the masses?
Would you like to have it analyzed by professionals? Then look no further than SongChemistry.com.
Co-founder/Senior Vice President Michael R. Crump along with partner Travis Williams started Musical Concepts in 2006, and Song Chemistry is one of many components of their line of musical products.
They are concerned about the long-term effect of artists ‘dumbing down’ their talent and sound. They’re concerned about future artists ‘lacking the knowledge of chord progression, clever lyrics, songs playing in key, song structure, and the ability to identify [real] instruments.’ Music classes that were once part of the public school curriculum are virtually non-existent.
In an article written by Ann Brown that recently appeared in The Network Journal, Crump says, “In the ‘80s, underground music still existed but the difference was we had a great balance with mainstream music like Anita Baker, Culture Club, Michael Jackson, Cyndi Lauper, etc. With our product Song Chemistry, we are attempting to teach all kinds of music producers and listeners to understand and appreciate the similarities and differences in today’s and yesterday’s music.”
Read the full article at TNJ.com.
For background on Michael R. Crump and Travis Williams go to Your Black World.
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here