*Halle Berry is back in theaters on Friday with “The Call,” a thriller that has the Oscar winner as a 911 operator who helps save the life of a girl who’s been abducted.
“Far too many times we hear about women, girls, kids being abducted and they disappear, or we find the body somewhere,” the actress told us during interviews for the film in Los Angeles. “This movie gives us a chance to look into what might really happen if that were to happen. And while it’s frightening, what it also does is help heighten our awareness to how we can better protect ourselves.
“At the same time, I know I walked away from it feeling scared, but also thinking, ‘Okay, now I know a few things I could do to help myself if I’m in this situation. Now I know what to do so that maybe I’m not in this situation.’ So while it’s scary, I think people will walk away with some real information that could ultimately help them at some point.”
As the mom of a young daughter, who turns five on Saturday (March 16), Berry says it’s important for Nahla to have a positive maternal role model…but, it doesn’t mean she should only play movie characters that are squeaky clean.
“The Call,” directed by Brad Anderson, also stars Morris Chestnut as a cop, Abigail Breslin as the abducted girl and Michael Eklund as the abductor. Watch the trailer below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Watch: Hundreds Gather to Support Wealthy Black Family Victimized by 'Hate Crime'
- 'Concrete Park' Collides with 'Blokhedz' at Harvard University
- Yodovo.com Encourages Blacks: Be Loud, Black and Proud
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here