*Halle Berry is back in theaters on Friday with “The Call,” a thriller that has the Oscar winner as a 911 operator who helps save the life of a girl who’s been abducted.
“Far too many times we hear about women, girls, kids being abducted and they disappear, or we find the body somewhere,” the actress told us during interviews for the film in Los Angeles. “This movie gives us a chance to look into what might really happen if that were to happen. And while it’s frightening, what it also does is help heighten our awareness to how we can better protect ourselves.
“At the same time, I know I walked away from it feeling scared, but also thinking, ‘Okay, now I know a few things I could do to help myself if I’m in this situation. Now I know what to do so that maybe I’m not in this situation.’ So while it’s scary, I think people will walk away with some real information that could ultimately help them at some point.”
As the mom of a young daughter, who turns five on Saturday (March 16), Berry says it’s important for Nahla to have a positive maternal role model…but, it doesn’t mean she should only play movie characters that are squeaky clean.
“The Call,” directed by Brad Anderson, also stars Morris Chestnut as a cop, Abigail Breslin as the abducted girl and Michael Eklund as the abductor. Watch the trailer below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Will Smith Planning Political Run 'In The Near Future'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here