*The History Channel’s 10-part miniseries “The Bible” is stirring up extra attention for its casting of Satan.
Folks are saying it’s no coincidence that the actor who plays the devil, Mohamen Mehdi Ouazanni, bears a startling resemblance to President Barack Obama.
The resemblance was pointed out on Twitter during the show’s broadcast on Sunday. Glenn Beck, the Christian conservative broadcaster who has called the series “one of the most important shows in decades,” sent out a tweet with a screenshot. Beck, who refuses to use Obama’s name, referred to the president as “That Guy.”
Ouazanni has featured in several religious-themed programs before, including the TV movies “David” (1997); “Jeremiah” (1998, with Patrick Dempsey in the starring role); “In the Beginning”; and the Emmy-nominated “The Ten Commandments” (2006).
The producers of the series have yet to comment. “The Bible” is in part a collaboration between Mark Burnett and his wife, Roma Downey. Burnett has donated to Democratic candidates, including Obama in 2008 and the DNC in 2009, but he also produces Donald Trump’s “Celebrity Apprentice” and was behind Sarah Palin’s first reality effort.
Downey, while not publicly identifying with a party, is a devout Catholic who has spoken in public about her faith quite often. She starred in the TV series “Touched By an Angel,” and through LightWorkers Media, a religious production company behind “The Bible,” she produced the children’s animated program Little Angels.
- Black Comedienne to Compete on New Season of 'Last Comic Standing' (WATCH)
- Brittney Griner Rebounds with Beauty Named Lola
- Jill Scott On Bill Cosby, 'Being a Beloved Black Man Is Dangerous
- Ja Rule Ready to Show Different Side in MTV Family Docuseries 'Follow the Rules'
- REPORT: Congressman Chaka Fattah (Dem/PA) Indicted in Racketeering Case
- Ohio Cop Ray Tensing Indicted for Murder of Samuel DuBose (Video of Shooting)
- Nick Gordon Eyed for Prosecution; Spotted Wearing Bobbi Kristina’s Ring
- Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral to be Private
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here