Friday’s visit to Barrington High School came about as a reward for winning the singer’s “Shine Bright Like a Diamond” video contest.
The five-minute, student-produced video highlighted the school’s volunteer and community service programs.
The Chicago Sun-Times says Rihanna told students she admired their passion and volunteerism.
As we said above she was more than five hours late, reports the Chicago Sun-Times, but those who somehow hung around, said she was worth the wait.
RiRi also posed for photos before heading off to her Friday night concert at Chicago’s United Center.
See more photos from the event at the Chicago Sun-Times.
- S.C. Legislature Has Votes to Remove Confederate Flag; KKK to Rally at Statehouse
- NBC Wants Minority Host to Replace Trump on ‘Celebrity Apprentice’?
- Seahawks WR Doug Baldwin Goes Viral with Anti-Confederate Flag Post
- Report: Tyga Fails to Pay 50K Offered to Squash Underage Sexual Battery Lawsuit
- Lee Daniels Signs Overall Deal with 20th Century Fox TV
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Reveals She’s Having Twins
- NBC Fires Donald Trump Over Racist Comments
- Rich Homie Quan Bails from BET Awards Over Stage Demotion
- Cameron Turner: More White Folks Need to Listen To Us
- Female EMT 'Fired' for Refusal to Support Baby in Distress (Child Dies)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here