Friday’s visit to Barrington High School came about as a reward for winning the singer’s “Shine Bright Like a Diamond” video contest.
The five-minute, student-produced video highlighted the school’s volunteer and community service programs.
The Chicago Sun-Times says Rihanna told students she admired their passion and volunteerism.
As we said above she was more than five hours late, reports the Chicago Sun-Times, but those who somehow hung around, said she was worth the wait.
RiRi also posed for photos before heading off to her Friday night concert at Chicago’s United Center.
See more photos from the event at the Chicago Sun-Times.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- OMG! Did Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, Really Respond to My Friendly 'Hello?'
- Wendy Raquel Robinson Pays Tribute to Iconic Artist Prince
- Kelly Rowland's New Music Series Has Her Missing Destiny’s Child
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Ni*ga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here