Friday’s visit to Barrington High School came about as a reward for winning the singer’s “Shine Bright Like a Diamond” video contest.
The five-minute, student-produced video highlighted the school’s volunteer and community service programs.
The Chicago Sun-Times says Rihanna told students she admired their passion and volunteerism.
As we said above she was more than five hours late, reports the Chicago Sun-Times, but those who somehow hung around, said she was worth the wait.
RiRi also posed for photos before heading off to her Friday night concert at Chicago’s United Center.
See more photos from the event at the Chicago Sun-Times.
- 53rd New York Film Festival Headed for Another Great Run
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Dorien Wilson is ‘In The Cut’ on Bounce TV with Jackee’ Harry
- Celebs U Wish U Could Party with on Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- Gilbert Arenas' Assistant Convicted For Robbing Him of $2.1 Million
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here