Friday’s visit to Barrington High School came about as a reward for winning the singer’s “Shine Bright Like a Diamond” video contest.
The five-minute, student-produced video highlighted the school’s volunteer and community service programs.
The Chicago Sun-Times says Rihanna told students she admired their passion and volunteerism.
As we said above she was more than five hours late, reports the Chicago Sun-Times, but those who somehow hung around, said she was worth the wait.
RiRi also posed for photos before heading off to her Friday night concert at Chicago’s United Center.
See more photos from the event at the Chicago Sun-Times.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- A 'Broke' 50 Cent Flaunts Stacks of Cash in Fridge (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here