In a compelling and compassionate FaceBook post, Pinkett Smith puts conscience to the test as she writes about the hardships young celebrities such as Rihanna, Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift, and new celebrity, 9-year-old Academy Award nominee Quvenzhané Wallis face living their lives on the world stage, while we sit in the privacy of our homes in judgment of them.
“Are these young people not allowed to be young, make mistakes, grow, and eventually transform a million times before our eyes,” writes Pinkett Smith. “Are we asking them to defy the laws of nature because of who they are? Why can’t we congratulate them for the capacity to work through their challenges on a world stage and still deliver products that keep them on top.”
She goes on to reiterate that “the Bieb” is still trying to figure out what manhood and fame is all about; references the despicable word used by a so-called hacker on one online publication to describe Quvenzhané Wallis, and defends Rihanna’s behavior by asking,
“…what about being a young woman in her early twenties, exploring the intricacies of love and power on the world stage?”
“Imagine yourself,” she adds, “at their age, with the spotlights, challenges and responsibilities. Most of us would have fallen to the waste side before we could even get to crash a Ferrari, a controversial romance, several heart breaks or an Oscar nomination at nine.”
Looks like Mrs. Will Smith is using her down time in a very constructive way.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Heartbroken Former Obama Supporter Gives Full Support to Trump [WATCH]
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): Morris Chestnut Talks About His Latest Role
- The Socialist’s Journal: Obama and the Ultra-Racialization of America
- Martin Luther King Jr. Tribute to Top Confederate Memorial on Stone Mountain
- Playboy: No More Full Nudity in Iconic Men's Magazine
- THE (10-13-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen Expecting their First Child
- Fearing Flight Risk, DA Wanted Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Autopsy Sealed
- Draya Michele Lands Role Opposite Marques Houston in ‘Will to Love’
- Newlyweds Michael Jai White and Gillian White Spotted in NYC (Snaps!)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here