In a compelling and compassionate FaceBook post, Pinkett Smith puts conscience to the test as she writes about the hardships young celebrities such as Rihanna, Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift, and new celebrity, 9-year-old Academy Award nominee Quvenzhané Wallis face living their lives on the world stage, while we sit in the privacy of our homes in judgment of them.
“Are these young people not allowed to be young, make mistakes, grow, and eventually transform a million times before our eyes,” writes Pinkett Smith. “Are we asking them to defy the laws of nature because of who they are? Why can’t we congratulate them for the capacity to work through their challenges on a world stage and still deliver products that keep them on top.”
She goes on to reiterate that “the Bieb” is still trying to figure out what manhood and fame is all about; references the despicable word used by a so-called hacker on one online publication to describe Quvenzhané Wallis, and defends Rihanna’s behavior by asking,
“…what about being a young woman in her early twenties, exploring the intricacies of love and power on the world stage?”
“Imagine yourself,” she adds, “at their age, with the spotlights, challenges and responsibilities. Most of us would have fallen to the waste side before we could even get to crash a Ferrari, a controversial romance, several heart breaks or an Oscar nomination at nine.”
Looks like Mrs. Will Smith is using her down time in a very constructive way.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EUR Exclusive First Look Clip: Robert Townsend's 'Playin' for Love'
- For the Brothas: Nadkins ... Wet Naps For Your ... You Know
- Zendaya on Her Fears, the 'New Cool' and Obsessive Photoshopping
- Civil Rights Leaders Call for 'Lunch Out' of Pre Oscar Ceremony Luncheon
- James Franco to Direct ‘Zola Tells All’ Based on Stripper Twitter Saga
- James Brown Previews Super Bowl Pregame Show: 'It's Only 4 Hrs As Opposed to 7'
- Jill Scott Wins Big at 47th Annual NAACP Image Awards
- Kim & Kanye Fought Over Wiz Khalifa Rant and Wendy Williams Dis?
- 47th NAACP Image Awards Announces Winners of Non-Televised Categories
- Filmmakers Say 'Kung Fu Panda 3' is 'Perfect Premise For Creating Comedy' [EUR Exclusive]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here