*James Fortune knows what it means to survive.
Having lived through a situation of despair, Fortune has overcome the impossible and is a true testimony of faith and perseverance. This is the message he wants to share with the rest of the world.
Having been a supporter since 2010, the award-winning gospel star has visited St. Jude Children’s Hospital several times and performed a benefit concert, continuing to give support and love to the children there who suffer from all types and stages of cancer and other life threatening diseases. He is intimately invested in the work of the hospital and is rallying for others to do the same.
On February 8th, while headlining the United As One Tour, Fortune visited St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis with fellow artist and brother in Christ, VaShawn Mitchell. The visit was a much welcomed surprise – especially for a special 4-year old boy, diagnosed with pineoblastoma (childhood brain tumor). Visits like these are what Fortune encourages his family and celebrity friends to do to continue to raise awareness and the funds to keep St. Jude’s operating on a regular basis. With the generosity of Fortune, and other countless donors, St. Jude’s is able to treat the world’s sickest children at no cost or additional stress to their families.
“When St. Jude’s was established, there was only a 4% survival rate for kids with cancer. Now it’s up over 90%!!! That shows you how important that St. Jude’s work is for our children. My prayer is that everyone would become a partner in hope. Visit www.StJude.org for more information.” says Fortune.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Usher’s ‘Don’t Trump America’ Shirt from BET Awards Now On Sale
- Lil Wayne’s Prison Memoir ‘Gone Til November’ Finally Due in October
- Dollywood's 'World's Fastest Wooden Coaster' is Slowed due to Recall
- Be Someone Partners W/ Police for Brains Before Bullets
- THE (06-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Music Exec Salutes Billy Paul & Luther Vandross
- Before Muhammad Ali's Death, Son Says 'Evil Stepmom' Kept Him Prisoner
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young Because He Impregnated His Ex
- Deion Sanders Hit With $1M Lawsuit Over Assault at Son's School
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here