*James Fortune knows what it means to survive.
Having lived through a situation of despair, Fortune has overcome the impossible and is a true testimony of faith and perseverance. This is the message he wants to share with the rest of the world.
Having been a supporter since 2010, the award-winning gospel star has visited St. Jude Children’s Hospital several times and performed a benefit concert, continuing to give support and love to the children there who suffer from all types and stages of cancer and other life threatening diseases. He is intimately invested in the work of the hospital and is rallying for others to do the same.
On February 8th, while headlining the United As One Tour, Fortune visited St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis with fellow artist and brother in Christ, VaShawn Mitchell. The visit was a much welcomed surprise – especially for a special 4-year old boy, diagnosed with pineoblastoma (childhood brain tumor). Visits like these are what Fortune encourages his family and celebrity friends to do to continue to raise awareness and the funds to keep St. Jude’s operating on a regular basis. With the generosity of Fortune, and other countless donors, St. Jude’s is able to treat the world’s sickest children at no cost or additional stress to their families.
“When St. Jude’s was established, there was only a 4% survival rate for kids with cancer. Now it’s up over 90%!!! That shows you how important that St. Jude’s work is for our children. My prayer is that everyone would become a partner in hope. Visit www.StJude.org for more information.” says Fortune.
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Watch Obama Meet Woman Named Weezy and Break Into ‘Jeffersons’ Theme Song
- Queen Latifah Moved By Her Own ‘Bessie’ Performance: I ‘Made Myself Cry’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here