The hit series, is gearing up for it’s sixth season and the show’s creators, Salim Akil and Mara Brock Akil, are shaking things up a bit. A few months ago, it was announced that Tia Mowry (Melanie) would not be returning next season and Pooch Hall (Derwin) may only be returning as a re-occurring character instead of a series regular. So fans began to wonder,who would take their places? And of course, true fans know that no one can take the place of those lovable characters, but perhaps there is room for additions to the cast.
A few months ago it was revealed that Lauren London (ATL, Single Ladies) would be joining the cast along with newcomer Jay Ellis.
(*Update: Shooting has wrapped and the new season begins in a few weeks.)
We met Jay for the first time on the Blue carpet at Chris Brown’s Qubeey party and we think it’s time you met him too!
The actor told us how it felt to be the latest addition to “The Game,” what his audition process was like, having chemistry with Lauren London and what it’s like experiencing new found fame!
How does it feel to be apart of The Game:
“It’s amazing, it’s a dream come true. I’m a huge fan of the show and I get to go work with people that I love. I love the characters and the network and it’s an amazing thing you know. It’s hard to wake up sometimes and know that this is a reality.”
What was the audition process like:
“I went in 8 times over 6 weeks before it was all said and done. It was a grueling process, but they were awesome. They really worked with you. It was cool.”
“No it might be the easiest part of my job! Like how hard is it to fall in love with Lauren London? She’s awesome and the chemistry we have is great. She’s a sweetheart. We match well together. I’m excited.”
What does it feel like when you get your first big break:
“For me I was standing on a ladder when I got the phone call and I fell off the ladder, so it hurt for a little bit! But you know it’s crazy. I think I’ve known for 4 months now, so it’s one of those things it’s almost like Christmas! Like you’re waiting for Christmas like Santa come on and get here and finally I get to open my present on Monday! It’s just built up and I’m ready to explode. I’m excited!”
We asked him about being on social media:
“My mom calls me everyday and she’s like, Oh My God guess what I read today, Oh my God you want believe what I saw today and I’m like, It’s out there. I know!”
CNikky says she’s interviewed Pooch Hall many times, so it’s impossible to compare the two, she says, “I really like Jay Ellis, I’m happy for him and I hope his star continues to rise.”
Watch the interview below:
- Jill Scott On Bill Cosby, 'Being a Beloved Black Man Is Dangerous
- Ja Rule Ready to Show Different Side in MTV Family Docuseries 'Follow the Rules'
- REPORT: Congressman Chaka Fattah (Dem/PA) Indicted in Racketeering Case
- Ohio Cop Ray Tensing Indicted for Murder of Samuel DuBose (Video of Shooting)
- Nick Gordon Eyed for Prosecution; Spotted Wearing Bobbi Kristina’s Ring
- Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral to be Private
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Woman in China Pushes Child to Safety Before Falling to Her Death on Escalator (Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here